Just saw Ben Jones

I just saw him day before yesterday while his band performed in Suffolk, Virginia. I can tell you that he is so friendly you just wouldn't beleive it. He stayed WAY after the show was over shaking hands, posing for pictures with people and just talking with them. I was there for two hours as people waited the whole time in a seemingly never-ending line just for an autograph. He went out of his way to make everyone feel comfortable, even way past dark and in 95 degree humidity, he kept on smiling. And the band was great. He said, "I'm not really a singer...I'm an actor. But they always let me sing because it's MY band!"

One more thing...MANY of the fans coming up to him were five - ten years old who watch the reruns and are now huge fans. He talked with them and shook their hands just like everyone else. Ben was simply stating his opinion, and that's okay. Truth is...there were MANY young children out there after all these years still looking at him wide-eyed. And if the original wasn't so family-oriented...that wouldn't be happening today. I'm sure when the movie comes out to video, I'll rent it sooner or later. But I can tell you one thing for sure...regarding the "Boots are Made for Walkin'" video...my six year old son will not see the new Daisy Duke covered in bubbles and rolling around on the General Lee in a bikini anytime soon.

I just saw him day before yesterday while his band performed in Suffolk, Virginia. I can tell you that he is so friendly you just wouldn't beleive it. He stayed WAY after the show was over shaking hands, posing for pictures with people and just talking with them. I was there for two hours as people waited the whole time in a seemingly never-ending line just for an autograph. He went out of his way to make everyone feel comfortable, even way past dark and in 95 degree humidity, he kept on smiling. And the band was great. He said, "I'm not really a singer...I'm an actor. But they always let me sing because it's MY band!"

One more thing...MANY of the fans coming up to him were five - ten years old who watch the reruns and are now huge fans. He talked with them and shook their hands just like everyone else. Ben was simply stating his opinion, and that's okay. Truth is...there were MANY young children out there after all these years still looking at him wide-eyed. And if the original wasn't so family-oriented...that wouldn't be happening today. I'm sure when the movie comes out to video, I'll rent it sooner or later. But I can tell you one thing for sure...regarding the "Boots are Made for Walkin'" video...my six year old son will not see the new Daisy Duke covered in bubbles and rolling around on the General Lee in a bikini anytime soon.

• 3 weeks later...

And if the original wasn't so family-oriented...anytime soon.

Lol the orginal wasnt family oriented...at least not for anyting set to todays standards. Everyone who did the dukes show would say it wasnt a "family oriented show for being in the late 70's and 80's" I personaly think the Dukes is just trying to get a more teen audiance. Even the orginal Dukes had its fair share of "daisy shots".

I'm sure when the movie comes out to video, I'll rent it sooner or later. But I can tell you one thing for sure...regarding the "Boots are Made for Walkin'" video...my six year old son will not see the new Daisy Duke covered in bubbles and rolling around on the General Lee in a bikini anytime soon.

Once again wuts the diferance in Catherain Bach (yea yea prolly not spelled right) runing around in a bikini and Jessica Simpson.....I meen even set for todays standards The Dukes are still a family type show I saw kids/people/familys rangeing from 5-65 going to see the movie and from the vibe I got they all enjoyed it.....but thats just my 2 cents.