Dukes Movie Pre-Screening

My parents just finished watching The Dukes of Hazzard movie. They're actually on their way home from the theatre in Atlanta as I'm typing this. I asked my mom to give me her opinion without giving away too much info as I want to be surprised when I see it on opening night. My mom said that this is definately not a movie for children due to some of the content, but mostly the language. She wasn't as negative and as I thought she would be. She said that Willie Nelson and Jessica Simpson didn't have as much on-screen time as she originally thought they would.

She said that she felt both Johnny Knoxville and Sean William Scott did "alright" as the Dukes, but Scott, at times, really portrays the character of "Bo" as being a little too over-the-top and just down right "goofy". She went on to say that all of the driving sequences featuring the General Lee were really, really good.

GA-Duke01

My parents just finished watching The Dukes of Hazzard movie. They're actually on their way home from the theatre in Atlanta as I'm typing this. I asked my mom to give me her opinion without giving away too much info as I want to be surprised when I see it on opening night. My mom said that this is definately not a movie for children due to some of the content, but mostly the language. She wasn't as negative and as I thought she would be. She said that Willie Nelson and Jessica Simpson didn't have as much on-screen time as she originally thought they would.

She said that she felt both Johnny Knoxville and Sean William Scott did "alright" as the Dukes, but Scott, at times, really portrays the character of "Bo" as being a little too over-the-top and just down right "goofy". She went on to say that all of the driving sequences featuring the General Lee were really, really good.

GA-Duke01

Yeah I want to know that too.

But on the bright side of things.....not alot of Jessica. Excellent. :D

On the Confederate General Lee Fan Club, Hazzard1976 got to see the movie and he writes the following (Click this for the whole link):

"Well lets put it this way, Im pretty flexible with my kids but this is not what I expected. Like stuntman said I wasnt looking for a disney dukes and I am aware its not the 80's anymore, but the language was "god d**m" , "sob", "sh***" ," and alot more at least every 5 to 10 min. Bo and luke like to get stoned, love the ladies a little to much and uncle jessi and the gov. of georgia like to smoke out to.

So If thats the kind of stuff you want your kids to see , this movie is for them.

Now I loved the move, very funny. Sean Michael Scott was funny as heck.

He talks to the general like its a person. Jessica did a great job."

Dukes of Hazzard.

01/26/1979 - 08/05/2005

R.I.P.

You will be missed.

Yeah I want to know that too.

But on the bright side of things.....not alot of Jessica. Excellent. :D

On the Confederate General Lee Fan Club, Hazzard1976 got to see the movie and he writes the following (Click this for the whole link):

"Well lets put it this way, Im pretty flexible with my kids but this is not what I expected. Like stuntman said I wasnt looking for a disney dukes and I am aware its not the 80's anymore, but the language was "god d**m" , "sob", "sh***" ," and alot more at least every 5 to 10 min. Bo and luke like to get stoned, love the ladies a little to much and uncle jessi and the gov. of georgia like to smoke out to.

So If thats the kind of stuff you want your kids to see , this movie is for them.

Now I loved the move, very funny. Sean Michael Scott was funny as heck.

He talks to the general like its a person. Jessica did a great job."

Dukes of Hazzard.

01/26/1979 - 08/05/2005

R.I.P.

You will be missed.

Can someone who has seen a pre-screening of this movie tell me when the song the goood ol boys is played in this movie and if it is the one by Gage 9 or Willie Nelson. Also will the fim open like the tv show did when you see the car jump over the river and clips of the cast with with the Good ol boys song playing?

Can someone who has seen a pre-screening of this movie tell me when the song the goood ol boys is played in this movie and if it is the one by Gage 9 or Willie Nelson. Also will the fim open like the tv show did when you see the car jump over the river and clips of the cast with with the Good ol boys song playing?

My parents called me last night and gave me a little more info on the movie. In regards to all of the driving scenes and stuntwork, they said that those scenes were fast paced and pretty awesome. Mom did tell me about all of the drug references that the film contains and quite honestly, I was shocked, but then again, I wasn't so shocked. Both of my parents labled the movie as a "alright", but thought that the film could have been a lot better.

Also, from what I understand, the theme song, "Good 'Ol Boys" isn't heard until the end of the movie.

Take it easy!!!

GADuke01

My parents called me last night and gave me a little more info on the movie. In regards to all of the driving scenes and stuntwork, they said that those scenes were fast paced and pretty awesome. Mom did tell me about all of the drug references that the film contains and quite honestly, I was shocked, but then again, I wasn't so shocked. Both of my parents labled the movie as a "alright", but thought that the film could have been a lot better.

Also, from what I understand, the theme song, "Good 'Ol Boys" isn't heard until the end of the movie.

Take it easy!!!

GADuke01

Its intersting how people assume the movie is a stinker.. ignoring the drug use this movie looks as if it might be promising.

Im 19 and as a teen i liked movies such as american pie , dazed and confused . But i still think drugs DON'T belong in hazzard.

espeacilly uncle jesse and the govenor .

Denver Pyle (and uncle jesse )was a strong religous person who always made the right moral choices. not to mention what kind of govener does drugs.

I just wonder why the director would make the dukes drug users???

If Jay got the the opertunity to do remakes like the Brady Bunch ,I Love Lucy, or The Andy Griffith show ......who knows what could happen

Its intersting how people assume the movie is a stinker.. ignoring the drug use this movie looks as if it might be promising.

Im 19 and as a teen i liked movies such as american pie , dazed and confused . But i still think drugs DON'T belong in hazzard.

espeacilly uncle jesse and the govenor .

Denver Pyle (and uncle jesse )was a strong religous person who always made the right moral choices. not to mention what kind of govener does drugs.

I just wonder why the director would make the dukes drug users???

If Jay got the the opertunity to do remakes like the Brady Bunch ,I Love Lucy, or The Andy Griffith show ......who knows what could happen

Dukes & Drugs? In the movie? ........ NOOOOOOOOOO :cry::cry::cry:

I am greatly disappointed with that. I have read the thread on Confederate General Board about the movie and am in disbelief. Like many others on there , I have planned to take my kids to see the movie. This was planned and marked on the calendar at home a LONG time ago.

I am still looking on the bright side with some hopeful thinking. that this was a TEST screening and not the final version to be released. I can only hope and pray for the next 2 1/2 weeks.....

Later

Darrell

Dukes & Drugs? In the movie? ........ NOOOOOOOOOO :cry::cry::cry:

I am greatly disappointed with that. I have read the thread on Confederate General Board about the movie and am in disbelief. Like many others on there , I have planned to take my kids to see the movie. This was planned and marked on the calendar at home a LONG time ago.

I am still looking on the bright side with some hopeful thinking. that this was a TEST screening and not the final version to be released. I can only hope and pray for the next 2 1/2 weeks.....

Later

Darrell

Nothing will change! This movie is geared toward teenage boys or men with teenage boy's minds. That's a demographic they are shooting for. That's were most of your money will be found with a movie about car chases and action. It's basic money making sense. It's too bad that's all they see... the demographic and not what this show is really about. The Dukes of Hazzard is just a movie vehicle to shell out bad plots for big money with a product we all recognize. I feel bad for evryone connected to this movie; fans, producers, actors, etc. I am truely sorry for all of us.