Why is Cage9 and Nathan Barr's music not 0n the cd soundtra

sam29

My guess for Cage 9 is that it's because they didn't record their song for the movie. And I think it only appears in the trailer, not in the film.

From their website:

"...we did the cover song as a joke, and lo-and-behold, they sent us a check...haha. We covered the theme song, which is originally by Waylon Jennings and 100% country, and just tried to rock it up a bit for fun. Think White Stripes meets Foo Fighters meets...well, Waylon Jennings. We recorded it LIVE in our jam room, probably spent around 5-6 hours just monkeying around with it, mixed it down in my ProTools rig and viola! So what you hear in that movie trailer is just us, jammin' out on something you'd otherwise NEVER hear us playing...kinda' bizarre, but in a good way...haha."

My guess for Cage 9 is that it's because they didn't record their song for the movie. And I think it only appears in the trailer, not in the film.

From their website:

"...we did the cover song as a joke, and lo-and-behold, they sent us a check...haha. We covered the theme song, which is originally by Waylon Jennings and 100% country, and just tried to rock it up a bit for fun. Think White Stripes meets Foo Fighters meets...well, Waylon Jennings. We recorded it LIVE in our jam room, probably spent around 5-6 hours just monkeying around with it, mixed it down in my ProTools rig and viola! So what you hear in that movie trailer is just us, jammin' out on something you'd otherwise NEVER hear us playing...kinda' bizarre, but in a good way...haha."

They did that with an animated film that came out a few years ago - Titan A.E. ....I saw the trailer in the theater and it was basically a video to Creed's song Higher. That was what made me want to see the film. The music went perfectly, but it wasn't included in the film or the soundtrack. They did put the trailer with the song on the DVD . It sort of made it up because the visuals and the music together were awesome.

Later

Darrell

They did that with an animated film that came out a few years ago - Titan A.E. ....I saw the trailer in the theater and it was basically a video to Creed's song Higher. That was what made me want to see the film. The music went perfectly, but it wasn't included in the film or the soundtrack. They did put the trailer with the song on the DVD . It sort of made it up because the visuals and the music together were awesome.

Later

Darrell

Anyone know why?

Well Nathan Barr is still a new composer in Hollywood. He has done alot of things but has never gotten a big gig until now. he did Cabin Fever but I would not call that a big hollywood film. Reason there is no score on the soundtrack is because Various Artists releases rarely have any score music.

Once in awhile you might get a Various Artists soundtrack with 1 score cue.

As far as I know there are no plans for a score cd release, but what could help in the release of one is that the movie makes alot of money and there is a high demand for the score.

He did Club Dread for Broken Lizzard. A score cd was not released, but his agency did send out a few promotional cds of his score to certain soundtrack review websites and such. Maybe the samething will happen with Dukes.

Anyone know why?

Well Nathan Barr is still a new composer in Hollywood. He has done alot of things but has never gotten a big gig until now. he did Cabin Fever but I would not call that a big hollywood film. Reason there is no score on the soundtrack is because Various Artists releases rarely have any score music.

Once in awhile you might get a Various Artists soundtrack with 1 score cue.

As far as I know there are no plans for a score cd release, but what could help in the release of one is that the movie makes alot of money and there is a high demand for the score.

He did Club Dread for Broken Lizzard. A score cd was not released, but his agency did send out a few promotional cds of his score to certain soundtrack review websites and such. Maybe the samething will happen with Dukes.

Just got an email from Cage9. I begged with them to tell me where I could get thier version of "Good Old Boys" and they had this to say...

"Doooood! The elusive Dukes of Hazzard mp3 you seek...we're not allowed to give it out or the evil powers of warner brothers will descend upon us like a rabid swarm of locusts! I gotta' figure a way to sneak it onto the net...I'll let you know when I achieve this incognito act of rebellion..."

If you want to check it out for yourself go to http://www.myspace.com/evilernie13

Just got an email from Cage9. I begged with them to tell me where I could get thier version of "Good Old Boys" and they had this to say...

"Doooood! The elusive Dukes of Hazzard mp3 you seek...we're not allowed to give it out or the evil powers of warner brothers will descend upon us like a rabid swarm of locusts! I gotta' figure a way to sneak it onto the net...I'll let you know when I achieve this incognito act of rebellion..."

If you want to check it out for yourself go to http://www.myspace.com/evilernie13