MTV to make movie special

In order for the jump to take place there at Oxford College, it was mandatory for the Charger to be "flagless". Before anyone goes and blames this on Mtv, it wasn't the network who wanted to take the flag off of the car, it was one of the Deans there at Oxford College. Really, it was a big deal, but then again, it wasn't that big of a deal because from the angle of which the jump was shot, you couldn't even tell that the flag was missing. All in all, this was hands down the absolute best jump that I have seen in person.

"Your Movie Show": The Dukes of Hazzard will be airing on Mtv on July 27th. The network really did a good job being that they didn't even have a General Lee to jump until about 12 days before filming was set to begin. They signed Corey Eubanks to perform the stunt. Once Corey was aboard, he then assisted them with finding a Charger. Original Dukes mechanic, Tom Sarmento, along with his Charlotte crew, prepared the car for big the "Seney Hall" jump.

GADuke01

In order for the jump to take place there at Oxford College, it was mandatory for the Charger to be "flagless". Before anyone goes and blames this on Mtv, it wasn't the network who wanted to take the flag off of the car, it was one of the Deans there at Oxford College. Really, it was a big deal, but then again, it wasn't that big of a deal because from the angle of which the jump was shot, you couldn't even tell that the flag was missing. All in all, this was hands down the absolute best jump that I have seen in person.

"Your Movie Show": The Dukes of Hazzard will be airing on Mtv on July 27th. The network really did a good job being that they didn't even have a General Lee to jump until about 12 days before filming was set to begin. They signed Corey Eubanks to perform the stunt. Once Corey was aboard, he then assisted them with finding a Charger. Original Dukes mechanic, Tom Sarmento, along with his Charlotte crew, prepared the car for big the "Seney Hall" jump.

GADuke01

I just saw those exact cars last Wednesday at a local body shop. They were both on a car hauler parked at the shop. The General was banged up in the front from the landing. I knew it was a jump car but did not know what jump until seeing the above picture. I will go back by there tommorow to see if they are still there and to get some pics if they are. :D:D

I did not look at the roof because it was on the hauler, but I did notice that the General's name is still on it. I will look for the flag too.

I just saw those exact cars last Wednesday at a local body shop. They were both on a car hauler parked at the shop. The General was banged up in the front from the landing. I knew it was a jump car but did not know what jump until seeing the above picture. I will go back by there tommorow to see if they are still there and to get some pics if they are. :D:D

I did not look at the roof because it was on the hauler, but I did notice that the General's name is still on it. I will look for the flag too.

Hey "BubbaDuke", don't worry about looking for the flag on the car because there's not one. Also, the Mtv "General" wouldn't be as banged up in the front-end had both brake lines not been crushed from the impact of the landing. When Corey hit the pavement upon landing, both brake lines, as well as the transmission case, were demolished. When Corey couldn't stop the car, a member of Tom Sarmento's crew pulled an older Jeep Cherokee in front of the Charger. Corey then "t-boned" the Jeep in the passenger-side and stopped the car. This impact is what caused the majority of the visible damage on the Mtv "General". If Corey had not collided with the Jeep, things possibly could have turned out pretty ugly as he was heading straight toward a campus building. Even after the impact with the Jeep, both vehicles still ended up just feet away from the building. Again, this was a great jump.

GADuke01

Hey "BubbaDuke", don't worry about looking for the flag on the car because there's not one. Also, the Mtv "General" wouldn't be as banged up in the front-end had both brake lines not been crushed from the impact of the landing. When Corey hit the pavement upon landing, both brake lines, as well as the transmission case, were demolished. When Corey couldn't stop the car, a member of Tom Sarmento's crew pulled an older Jeep Cherokee in front of the Charger. Corey then "t-boned" the Jeep in the passenger-side and stopped the car. This impact is what caused the majority of the visible damage on the Mtv "General". If Corey had not collided with the Jeep, things possibly could have turned out pretty ugly as he was heading straight toward a campus building. Even after the impact with the Jeep, both vehicles still ended up just feet away from the building. Again, this was a great jump.

GADuke01

I think I figured it out. Sorry about the size of the pics. I tried to reduce them with no luck. Can anyone help me there?

Some Pics of the General:

DSCN0010.jpg

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0005.jpg

DSCN0025.jpg

Rosco's Car

DSCN0003.jpg

I don't know what this Maxima is supposed to be, but it is on the trailer between the others and wearing Finchburg County on the door, so someone please enlighten me.

750a98ec.jpg

I think I figured it out. Sorry about the size of the pics. I tried to reduce them with no luck. Can anyone help me there?

Some Pics of the General:

DSCN0010.jpg

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0005.jpg

DSCN0025.jpg

Rosco's Car

DSCN0003.jpg

I don't know what this Maxima is supposed to be, but it is on the trailer between the others and wearing Finchburg County on the door, so someone please enlighten me.

750a98ec.jpg

Hey "Modern day Robin Hood", that's a pretty neat thing you did there with your interpretation of who the "new" Dukes could have been. I've been thinking about doing something similar.

Also, "BubbaDuke", please be cautious about posting photos of the Mtv "General". The network has threatened to take legal action against anyone posting photos or videos of the car in it's pre-jump or post-jump condition.

GADuke01

Hey "Modern day Robin Hood", that's a pretty neat thing you did there with your interpretation of who the "new" Dukes could have been. I've been thinking about doing something similar.

Also, "BubbaDuke", please be cautious about posting photos of the Mtv "General". The network has threatened to take legal action against anyone posting photos or videos of the car in it's pre-jump or post-jump condition.

GADuke01