Question for everyone

Hey guys i have been a dukes fan for years and i really wanna build me a General Lee i live here in arizona and i want a General but i thought about waiting so i wasnt driving it everyday but now after watching the movie trailer and seeing all the great pics of your guys Generals im thinking about changing my mind and building one as a daily driver that and i live in an apartment so i dont have a garage to build a General in right now so i thought buy one i can drive and fix up at the sametime what should i do im torn i would love everyones opion on this matter please help

Hey guys i have been a dukes fan for years and i really wanna build me a General Lee i live here in arizona and i want a General but i thought about waiting so i wasnt driving it everyday but now after watching the movie trailer and seeing all the great pics of your guys Generals im thinking about changing my mind and building one as a daily driver that and i live in an apartment so i dont have a garage to build a General in right now so i thought buy one i can drive and fix up at the sametime what should i do im torn i would love everyones opion on this matter please help

it all depends how much time, money and effort you are willing to put into the project.

a mate of mine here in the UK has converted an old Ford Orion into a General Lee replica, and he replaced the stock engine with a brand new 2L pinto engine, replaced all the suspension, hubs, axles, brakes and gearbox with new parts and strengthened the chassis

he uses it as his daily driver, but only because he knows that it wont break down even 1% as much as it would have if he had left it as stock

old cars are great, and i dont know what the conditions are like out there, but they can corrode out of sight, right where you least want it to corrode

Remember: Time wastes away rust parts. Rusty parts waste away time.

but good luck to ya whatever you decide to do

it all depends how much time, money and effort you are willing to put into the project.

a mate of mine here in the UK has converted an old Ford Orion into a General Lee replica, and he replaced the stock engine with a brand new 2L pinto engine, replaced all the suspension, hubs, axles, brakes and gearbox with new parts and strengthened the chassis

he uses it as his daily driver, but only because he knows that it wont break down even 1% as much as it would have if he had left it as stock

old cars are great, and i dont know what the conditions are like out there, but they can corrode out of sight, right where you least want it to corrode

Remember: Time wastes away rust parts. Rusty parts waste away time.

but good luck to ya whatever you decide to do

I have a 98 Mustang for a daily driver...just bought a 1970 Charger that will be used for shows or whatnot only. My insurance company asked me straight out if it was going to be a daily driver...was happy when I said no. So I would wait until you can have a second car as a driver...even if it is not the best.

I have a 98 Mustang for a daily driver...just bought a 1970 Charger that will be used for shows or whatnot only. My insurance company asked me straight out if it was going to be a daily driver...was happy when I said no. So I would wait until you can have a second car as a driver...even if it is not the best.

When your dealing with a classic car, it's usually a good idea to have a garage. Especially if your making a General Lee. Since classic cars are a target for theive, because they have no anti-theft system. Also to keep them out of the weather. Using it as a daily driver, leaves alot of opportunity to get smashed into, since parts for a classic are more expensive than a new car, (body parts!!). Best bet, leave it for now, and get one when you have a garage, or access to a garage.

When your dealing with a classic car, it's usually a good idea to have a garage. Especially if your making a General Lee. Since classic cars are a target for theive, because they have no anti-theft system. Also to keep them out of the weather. Using it as a daily driver, leaves alot of opportunity to get smashed into, since parts for a classic are more expensive than a new car, (body parts!!). Best bet, leave it for now, and get one when you have a garage, or access to a garage.

• 9 months later...

When I finally get my charger this summer, it will never be a daily driver.

1. Could not afford the insurance, have to put antique insurance on it,cost way more then just pl/pd liability.

2. With all the hard work I will be investing, would hate to see it be totaled in an accident,so costly to rebuild these days.

3.The price of gas is very disturbing andmaking it hard for anyone to even own a truck, let a long a '69 charger with a 440 in it

So, I think I will drive it in the summer, and show it around in car shows,no daily driver with this one once I get my charger.(Wich i am getting this summer)! :D