Boss and Roscoe

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently he's not going to try either. Back when filming first started Gainey was quoted as saying "No offense to the original but that was corny."

NO DUH!!!!!!!! Sheesh.

Perhaps "corny" is out of the realm of Gainey's acting ability? Who knows.

Hmm. His ability to comprehend the obvious astounds me. :roll:

I wouldnt have known that the original was corny if he had not pointed it out. I am forever indebted to Gainey.

Apparently he's not going to try either. Back when filming first started Gainey was quoted as saying "No offense to the original but that was corny."

NO DUH!!!!!!!! Sheesh.

Perhaps "corny" is out of the realm of Gainey's acting ability? Who knows.

Hmm. His ability to comprehend the obvious astounds me. :roll:

I wouldnt have known that the original was corny if he had not pointed it out. I am forever indebted to Gainey.

Well what good is it if Roscoe isn't an idiot? Obviously if Roscoe was smart in the original series, he could have legitimately nailed the Dukes ass to the wall a 100000000 times.... What made the show a lil more realistic was that Roscoe was retarded and couldn't ever properly do the job...

Well what good is it if Roscoe isn't an idiot? Obviously if Roscoe was smart in the original series, he could have legitimately nailed the Dukes ass to the wall a 100000000 times.... What made the show a lil more realistic was that Roscoe was retarded and couldn't ever properly do the job...

I think in an interview, he said that he wanted to play it more realistic, but when it came to the original Rosco, he said "I have nothing but respect for the man."

However, you have a funny way of showing it by completely changing the character that James Best made legendary.

Not only that, but Boss and Rosco are one of the funniest duos I've ever seen. Their comedic timing is the best I've seen, and that's no exaggeration.

And another thing that is a weird Hollywoodism. They are too scared to make the bad guys the dumb guys. While it's true that the most menacing bad guys are the ones with enough wits to be a threat, in reality, you have to be inherently dumb to be evil, or succumb to evil temptations. The basic theme of the Dukes of Hazzard has always been that down-to-earth know-how will always outsmart someone driven by greed. From the first episode to the last, that has been the foundation of the show, and that's what makes the show great.

I think in an interview, he said that he wanted to play it more realistic, but when it came to the original Rosco, he said "I have nothing but respect for the man."

However, you have a funny way of showing it by completely changing the character that James Best made legendary.

Not only that, but Boss and Rosco are one of the funniest duos I've ever seen. Their comedic timing is the best I've seen, and that's no exaggeration.

And another thing that is a weird Hollywoodism. They are too scared to make the bad guys the dumb guys. While it's true that the most menacing bad guys are the ones with enough wits to be a threat, in reality, you have to be inherently dumb to be evil, or succumb to evil temptations. The basic theme of the Dukes of Hazzard has always been that down-to-earth know-how will always outsmart someone driven by greed. From the first episode to the last, that has been the foundation of the show, and that's what makes the show great.

Well what really confuses me, is that the State Police in this movie have the more serious role to play, which could allow Roscoe to maintain his idiotic composure... Does anyone know anything yet about the actual storyline anyways? Are there primary bad guys and Roscoe/Boss are just the secondaries like in most eps of the original or.....??

Well what really confuses me, is that the State Police in this movie have the more serious role to play, which could allow Roscoe to maintain his idiotic composure... Does anyone know anything yet about the actual storyline anyways? Are there primary bad guys and Roscoe/Boss are just the secondaries like in most eps of the original or.....??