"Well Uncle Jesse, if'n he treats a sweet lady like Tracy here so bad, there's bound ta be somethin' else in his dealin's that ain't too sweet smellin' either."

"Yeah, an' if'n we can find it, maybe we can talk him inta leavin' Trace alone." Bo adds. "What'dya think Trace?"

"Well, I can certainly try. Let me call my uncle and see what he can find out." Tracy walks over to the phone and starts making her call. While she's doing that, Luke signals Destiny toward the door.

"We'll be back in a bit ya'll." he tells the rest of the family. Destiny follows him outside and he walks her to the barn. Once inside, Luke pulls Destiny into his embrace.

"We're finally alone. C'mere." Destiny didn't hesitate and they shared their good morning kiss. When Luke finally pulls back, they're both a little shaken from the intensity.

"Sweetheart, each time we do that it's better than the last time." Luke whispers.

"That's a good theory, I think we should test it again." As Luke is leaning toward her he hears the faint sound of sirens. He pauses to listen, the sirens are definitely getting louder. Luke sighs loudly before shaking his head.

"It sounds as if we're about ta be invaded by Hazzard's finest."

"What's goin' on?"

"I ain't sure, but let's go take a peek out the doors. Keep yerself hid though, just in case we gotta make a run fo it."

"Why in the world would we run from the law?"

"Des, this is Hazzard County. Rosco's always tryin' ta get us Dukes with somthin'. Remember the Boars Nest last night? Okay here they come." Luke pulled Destiny over to the doors. He opened them a crack so he could see what was going on outside. Rosco pulls into the farm yard sliding to a stop an inch away from Uncle Jesse's truck bumper.

"I thought I heard two sets of sirens. I bet he sent Cletus or Enos around back." Luke whispers.

"Awright you Dukes! We've got ya surrounded! Come on outta there!" Rosco yells through his bullhorn.

"What for Rosco?!" Daisy yells back from the house.

"For kidnappin' that pretty little lady, that's what for! Now yer all under arrest, even that other pretty little gal with ya! So just git on out here! I'm gonna throw ya under the jail this time! Khee, khee, khee!"

"Who'd we kidnap Rosco? Everyone here is here of their own free will." Bo yells back.

"Quit yer lyin' Bo Duke! Ya just lie all the time! Ya'll kidnapped that Tracy Moss girl, with the help of that other looney girl. Miss Moss's financee said so. Right nice feller who wants his girl back safe an' sound."

"But I don't have a financee Sheriff! I'm here because I want to be here!" Tracy calls out.

"They musta brain washed ya ta think so. Yer financee, Mr. Butler just wants ta take ya home. Now I'm tired of talkin' to ya! Jus' git on out here!" Rosco continues yelling while the group in the house try to think of a way out that doesn't include a ride in a patrol car.

"Bo," Uncle Jesse says, "we gotta git you boys and the girls away from here."

"I know Uncle Jesse, but how do ya expect ta do that? We're surrounded in here an' Luke an' Des are still out in the barn. At least I think they are."

"Hey Bo! C'mere! Luke's givin' some signals from the barn." Daisy says from the side window. Bo quickly moves over beside her and watches Luke closely. A big smile breaks across his face.

"Yes sir, I gotcha Luke." Bo mutters. Out in the barn Luke runs through his signals again while keeping an eye on Rosco. The he gives a thumbs up followed by a thumbs down. He watches the window closely until he sees Bo's thumbs up signal. Luke holds up two fingers and points to his wrist. He watches as Bo nods and turns away from the window.

"Okay Des, we've got two minutes." Luke says looking at his pocket watch. "Here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna run out to the General Lee as fast as we can. We'll take him 'cause his keys are in the ignition. Then we bait ol' Rosco an' whoevers with 'em. Bo an' Daisy's gonna run out when we create the diversion and take Jesse James. Then when the coast is clear, Uncle Jesse can bring Tracy to a safe place. Ya got it?" Destiny just nods her spinning head. She has never met anyone that can think that fast on their feet. Back in the house, Bo has just finished explainin' Luke's plan to everyone.

"That just might work." Uncle Jesse comments with a nod of approval.

"Oh are you all sure? I think that sounds like more trouble than I'm worth." Tracy protests.

"Sweetheart, it's already set. You just stay with Uncle Jesse an' he'll take care of ya."

"Here's the keys ta Jesse James Bo." Daisy hands the keys to him after finding them on the nightstand in Bo and Luke's room.

"Great, you ready to move Daisy?"

"Yep." Daisy grins. "I've even got my good runnin' shoes on." She lifts her leg slightly to show her high heeled boots.

"Good, 'cause when we see Rosco turn toward the General, we gotta move fast." Daisy nods and takes her position by the door behind Bo.

"I'm tired of waitin' now! I'm serious! Git out here!" Rosco continues yelling. Just then Luke and Destiny burst through the barn door, banging the doors against the side of the barn. Hearing this, Rosco turns around in time to see Luke and Destiny barrelling toward him.

"Oh! Freeze!" is all Rosco gets out before Luke knocks into him causing him to stumble backward and trip over his own feet.

"Now!" Bo exclaims. He and Daisy fly out of the house as the General Lee's motor roars. They jump into Jesse James and Bo floors him out of the farmyard, throwing gravel and dirt from the tires. Rosco gains his feet as Bo and Luke fly down the road. He runs to his patrol car and jumps in, starting the siren and tearing out of the driveway.

"Cletus! You dipstick! I'm in hot pursuit! Git yer tail a movin' or yer gonna be the first deputy ta ever guard the rock quarry!"

"Roger Willco Sheriff." Cletus steps on the gas and turns on his siren leaving his post behind the house.

Balladeer: Once again, here comes da law. It looks like Luke's plan is workin' real good, but for how long I can't say. 'Course he didn't know about that other car hidin' behind the barn. Ya'll reckon it's that no good sidewinder?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well Uncle Jesse, if'n he treats a sweet lady like Tracy here so bad, there's bound ta be somethin' else in his dealin's that ain't too sweet smellin' either."

"Yeah, an' if'n we can find it, maybe we can talk him inta leavin' Trace alone." Bo adds. "What'dya think Trace?"

"Well, I can certainly try. Let me call my uncle and see what he can find out." Tracy walks over to the phone and starts making her call. While she's doing that, Luke signals Destiny toward the door.

"We'll be back in a bit ya'll." he tells the rest of the family. Destiny follows him outside and he walks her to the barn. Once inside, Luke pulls Destiny into his embrace.

"We're finally alone. C'mere." Destiny didn't hesitate and they shared their good morning kiss. When Luke finally pulls back, they're both a little shaken from the intensity.

"Sweetheart, each time we do that it's better than the last time." Luke whispers.

"That's a good theory, I think we should test it again." As Luke is leaning toward her he hears the faint sound of sirens. He pauses to listen, the sirens are definitely getting louder. Luke sighs loudly before shaking his head.

"It sounds as if we're about ta be invaded by Hazzard's finest."

"What's goin' on?"

"I ain't sure, but let's go take a peek out the doors. Keep yerself hid though, just in case we gotta make a run fo it."

"Why in the world would we run from the law?"

"Des, this is Hazzard County. Rosco's always tryin' ta get us Dukes with somthin'. Remember the Boars Nest last night? Okay here they come." Luke pulled Destiny over to the doors. He opened them a crack so he could see what was going on outside. Rosco pulls into the farm yard sliding to a stop an inch away from Uncle Jesse's truck bumper.

"I thought I heard two sets of sirens. I bet he sent Cletus or Enos around back." Luke whispers.

"Awright you Dukes! We've got ya surrounded! Come on outta there!" Rosco yells through his bullhorn.

"What for Rosco?!" Daisy yells back from the house.

"For kidnappin' that pretty little lady, that's what for! Now yer all under arrest, even that other pretty little gal with ya! So just git on out here! I'm gonna throw ya under the jail this time! Khee, khee, khee!"

"Who'd we kidnap Rosco? Everyone here is here of their own free will." Bo yells back.

"Quit yer lyin' Bo Duke! Ya just lie all the time! Ya'll kidnapped that Tracy Moss girl, with the help of that other looney girl. Miss Moss's financee said so. Right nice feller who wants his girl back safe an' sound."

"But I don't have a financee Sheriff! I'm here because I want to be here!" Tracy calls out.

"They musta brain washed ya ta think so. Yer financee, Mr. Butler just wants ta take ya home. Now I'm tired of talkin' to ya! Jus' git on out here!" Rosco continues yelling while the group in the house try to think of a way out that doesn't include a ride in a patrol car.

"Bo," Uncle Jesse says, "we gotta git you boys and the girls away from here."

"I know Uncle Jesse, but how do ya expect ta do that? We're surrounded in here an' Luke an' Des are still out in the barn. At least I think they are."

"Hey Bo! C'mere! Luke's givin' some signals from the barn." Daisy says from the side window. Bo quickly moves over beside her and watches Luke closely. A big smile breaks across his face.

"Yes sir, I gotcha Luke." Bo mutters. Out in the barn Luke runs through his signals again while keeping an eye on Rosco. The he gives a thumbs up followed by a thumbs down. He watches the window closely until he sees Bo's thumbs up signal. Luke holds up two fingers and points to his wrist. He watches as Bo nods and turns away from the window.

"Okay Des, we've got two minutes." Luke says looking at his pocket watch. "Here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna run out to the General Lee as fast as we can. We'll take him 'cause his keys are in the ignition. Then we bait ol' Rosco an' whoevers with 'em. Bo an' Daisy's gonna run out when we create the diversion and take Jesse James. Then when the coast is clear, Uncle Jesse can bring Tracy to a safe place. Ya got it?" Destiny just nods her spinning head. She has never met anyone that can think that fast on their feet. Back in the house, Bo has just finished explainin' Luke's plan to everyone.

"That just might work." Uncle Jesse comments with a nod of approval.

"Oh are you all sure? I think that sounds like more trouble than I'm worth." Tracy protests.

"Sweetheart, it's already set. You just stay with Uncle Jesse an' he'll take care of ya."

"Here's the keys ta Jesse James Bo." Daisy hands the keys to him after finding them on the nightstand in Bo and Luke's room.

"Great, you ready to move Daisy?"

"Yep." Daisy grins. "I've even got my good runnin' shoes on." She lifts her leg slightly to show her high heeled boots.

"Good, 'cause when we see Rosco turn toward the General, we gotta move fast." Daisy nods and takes her position by the door behind Bo.

"I'm tired of waitin' now! I'm serious! Git out here!" Rosco continues yelling. Just then Luke and Destiny burst through the barn door, banging the doors against the side of the barn. Hearing this, Rosco turns around in time to see Luke and Destiny barrelling toward him.

"Oh! Freeze!" is all Rosco gets out before Luke knocks into him causing him to stumble backward and trip over his own feet.

"Now!" Bo exclaims. He and Daisy fly out of the house as the General Lee's motor roars. They jump into Jesse James and Bo floors him out of the farmyard, throwing gravel and dirt from the tires. Rosco gains his feet as Bo and Luke fly down the road. He runs to his patrol car and jumps in, starting the siren and tearing out of the driveway.

"Cletus! You dipstick! I'm in hot pursuit! Git yer tail a movin' or yer gonna be the first deputy ta ever guard the rock quarry!"

"Roger Willco Sheriff." Cletus steps on the gas and turns on his siren leaving his post behind the house.

Balladeer: Once again, here comes da law. It looks like Luke's plan is workin' real good, but for how long I can't say. 'Course he didn't know about that other car hidin' behind the barn. Ya'll reckon it's that no good sidewinder?

Uncle Jesse and Tracy step out of the house and head for the pickup now that the law is gone. They are brought up short by a voice coming from the barn.

"That's far enough you two." Josh steps out from his hiding place behind the barn holding a pistol. Uncle Jesse and Tracy slowly raise their hands.

"Now old man, you just step back toward the house. Tracy dear, you come over here with me."

"Old man!" Uncle Jesse sputters.

"Josh! Why are you doing this? Why can't you leave me alone?"

"Why? Because what's mine is mine, that's why! Now both of you do as I say!"

"Listen here you-"

"Uncle Jesse," Tracy interrupts laying a hand on his arm, "please do as he says. I couldn't live with myself if anyone gets hurt. Please?"

"That's right, you'd better listen to her or I guarantee someone will get hurt. Just step back toward the house."

"Awright, awright, I'm goin'. Don't you worry Miss Tracy, me an' the boys'll figure somthin' out."

"Grandpa, you and your boys just better leave well enough alone. Come on Tracy dear, we've got quite a drive ahead of us."

"I ain't your grandpa you lily livered polecat!"

"Let's go! Get in the car!" Tracy does as she's told and Josh walks backwards keeping the gun on Uncle Jesse. Before getting in the car he shoots out a back tire on the pickup truck and a front tire on Daisy's jeep.

"This way you won't be tempted to follow us." He gets into his car and peels out. Uncle Jesse stands there for about five seconds, then runs for the CB in the truck.

"Shepherd ta Lost Sheep! Shepherd ta Lost Sheep, you boys out there?"

"This is Luke, Shepherd. You got our parcel stashed already?"

"Luke that polecat was hidin' behind the barn! He got the drop on us an' took Miss Tracy. Their headin' south on Mill Creek Road. He shot out my tire so I'll be a few minutes."

"10-4 Uncle Jesse. We'll lose Rosco an' Cletus real quick an' then we'll be on 'em. Ya got that Bo?"

"Loud an' clear Lukas! I'm with ya!"

"Awright, here's what we're gonna do. Ya remember the ol' divide an' conquer move?" Destiny looks at Luke quizzically. "Just watch honey, I think you'll like this." he tells her with a mischievous grin.

"I gotcha Luke. Ya'll take the left an' we'll go right."

"Catch ya on the flip side Bo. I'm gone." The two boys did exactly as they said at the next intersection. Rosco pursues Luke and Destiny in the General Lee while Cletus follows Bo and Daisy, in Jesse James, across a bridge over a dry creek. Both cars head across country being followed closely by Rosco and Cletus.

Balladeer: Ain't Bo an' Luke's drivin' beautiful to behold? It's just like pure poetry. I don't know about ya'll, but I got me a sneakin' suspicion on what's comin'. Ya'll better hang on ta anything that's loose, this is gonna be a real face scruncher.

"Hold on Des an' brace yerself! This part's a might tricky!" Luke exclaims as he launches the General across the creek bed. Bo is doin' the same thing from the opposite side. The two cars come close enough together that Bo and Luke could reach out their windows and shake hands. They glance at each other for a split second and grin as they fly by.

"Yeeeeehhhhaaaaawwwwww!" is heard coming from both cars.

As the boys were landing from their short flights, Rosco and Cletus were getting ready to take off. Neither of them were thinking clearly enough to stop and chase the car that was now on their side of the creek. The two lawmen were stunned watching the two cars fly simultaneously, so stunned that they weren't paying close attention to where their own cars were going. They both missed the natural ramp on the creek bank and both cars land in the dry creek bed, hitting each other head on. Rosco and Cletus sit for a minute before starting to climb out of their patrol cars.

"Cletus! You dipstick! Ya done scuffed my car again!" Rosco looks at the crumpled hood of his car. "Oh, oh, that was a horrendous crash! Good thing my velvet ears weren't with me."

Luke looks over his shoulder and sees Rosco and Cletus getting out of their cars, seemingly unhurt. "Looks like their both okay Bo. Let's get on down ta Mill Creek Road an' see if we can catch up with that skunk." Luke says into the CB mic.

"10-4 Luke." Gravel flys as they both tear off to their destination.

"Do ya'll do that often?" Destiny asks. She's still a little shaken, but is quickly getting over it.

"I'm sorry Des. I hope we didn't scare ya too much. I guess I shoulda prepared ya better."

"Well, ya'll sure did scare me, but I think that was honestly the greatest thing since sliced bread. Ya gotta teach me how ta do that!"

"Jump at the same time?"

"Not at first, maybe we'd better start with just jumpin' a creek. We got too many hills an' bluffs back home ta do that."

"Shoot fire, we do that pert near ever'day. Now if ya want a beautiful sight, ya should see the view over Hazzard Pond." Luke grins at her.

"I hope to very soon."

"Breaker one, breaker one, I might be crazy, but I ain't dumb, Crazy Cooter comin' at ya. Any lost Dukes home on the Hazzardnet? Come back."

"We hear ya Crazy C. Whatcha got?"

"Hey there Lukas Dukas. I couldn't help but hear Uncle Jesse before. Now ya'll, I just picked up ol' Murphy's car outta the ditch an' I spotted me a real purty blue sedan headin' up Ol' Ridge Runner Road. It looked like the Orange Blossom Special ya'll, it was movin' so fast. Could be the car ya'll are lookin' for."

"Thanks for the info Cooter. Uncle Jesse? Ya still got yer ears on?"

"I hear ya Luke, that sounds like the exact car we're a lookin' fer, I got the tire changed an' I'm headed that way."

"Great. We'll cut across country an' make some time on 'em."

"Anythin' I can do fer ya'll? I'm jus' a spoilin' fer a fight." Cooter jumps back in.

"Sure thing Cooter. See if ya can cut across Willow Road an' turn 'em around for us."

"10-4, I got the petal to the metal an' I'm gone."

"Bo? Ya'll ready for a new shortcut?"

"I'm way ahead of ya Luke. You lead an' I'll foller."

"Awright-" Destiny suddenly grabs the mic away from Luke.

"Bo Duke! Don't you be too rough on my baby!"

"Don't worry darlin', I'll treat him jus' like he was the General. Now let's shake some trees ya'll. I'm gone." Destiny turns to look at Luke.

"Does he drive like you do?"

"Sure, Uncle Jesse taught us both pert near ever'thin' we know."

"At this point I don't know if that's good or bad." Destiny mutters under her breath. Luke and Bo are both pushing their cars as hard as they can and within a matter of minutes they're both sliding out on Ol' Ridge Runner Road.

"Breaker, breaker, this is Crazy Cooter lookin' for those little ol' lost sheep, come back." Cooter's voice comes over the CB.

"We gotcha Crazy C."

"What's yer 20 Lost Sheep?"

"We're headin' south on Ol' Ridge Runners Road up by Eagle Rock." Bo replies.

"Well gentlemen, it's yer lucky day. A blue sedan with a pretty little lady inside is now headin' yer way."

"Good job Cooter!" Luke congratulates him.

"Uh, Luke, ya got a plan ta stop 'em dontcha ya?" Bo asks.

"I'm thinkin' Bo."

"Well, uh, could ya think faster?"

"You boys be careful!" Uncle Jesse's voice breaks through. "That jackal's got a peace shooter an' he won't hesitate ta use it!"

"Well a 'course he does. We wouldn't want this to be easy would we." Bo growls in frustration.

"I got it Bo! Pull up along us here an' Des'll hand out yer bow an' arrows. If'n we can hit a tire that should stop 'em. Jus' be careful, we don't wanna hurt Trace." Bo pulls Jesse James up beside the General Lee and Destiny hands out his bow.

"Awright Bo, let's slow 'em down so we can be more accurate!" Luke yells out the window.

"Gotcha!" Bo replies then looks at Daisy as he slows Jesse James down. "Awright Daisy, you ready ta take the wheel fer a minute?"

"I got it. Just be careful cousin!" Luke was asking Destiny the same thing in the General Lee.

"You cain't mean you're gonna hang out the window an' shoot that thing?"

"Would you like the honors honey?"

"I cain't shoot that! Ya got a 22 or a shotgun stashed in back instead?" Luke shakes his head.

"Me an' Bo ain't allowed ta have guns while we're on probation."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Okay, you shoot, I'll drive."

"Good. Now just keep the General movin' slow an' steady." Luke says as he starts sliding out the window.

"Be careful Luke!" Destiny exclaims then mutters to herself. "I ain't too sure 'bout this."

Luke glances to his right and sees Bo is ready and waiting. He looks back at the road and sees a blue car cresting over the hill. In the blue car, Josh sees the two muscle cars coming toward him side by side. He stomps on the brakes and tries to slide his car around, but just ends up creating a road block Rosco would be proud of. Bo and Luke both let their arrows fly, each finding a different tire as a target. They quickly slide back in their cars and bring them to a sliding stop. Cooter comes from the other way effectively blocking Josh's car in. Everyone scrambles out of their cars, including Josh who pulls Tracy with him as a shield.

Balladeer: Looky here how he's handlin' Miss Tracy. I don't think Bo's gonna take to kindly to that.

"Hey! Get yer cotton pickin' hands off her!" Bo yells as he starts toward them.

"Everyone stay where they are!" Josh yells back pulling Tracy closer to him. He pulls out his gun and points it at Tracy who's visibly shaking. "You wouldn't want her to get hurt would you?"

"Hold up Bo! We ain't takin' no chances with Trace's well bein'." Luke says as he grabs Bo's arm.

"All right Luke!" Bo exclaims as he jerks his arm away. "But I don't see why he cain't fight like a man instead of hidin' behind a woman."

"Seems like he enjoys roughin' up those that are weaker than he is Bo. You wouldn't count."

"I'll show him some roughin' up when I get my hands on him. He's gonna wish-"

"Jus' settle down Bo, you'll get yer chance soon enough."

"What do you want to let her go Josh?!" Destiny asks.

"All of you bunch up closer together, that includes you too tow truck man. Get over there with the rest of them. Slowly." Josh watches Cooter, Bo, and Luke to make sure they don't try anything. "Good. Now, in answer to your question dear Destiny, oh yes I know your name, I just want my financee back where she belongs. In my house."

"Josh! I am not your financee anymore! I will not marry you now or ever!" Tracy exclaims.

"Oh yes you will. You'll do exactly as your told or suffer the consequences." Luke, Bo, and Cooter are desperately trying to think up a way out of this situation. Each one of them is feeling helpless right now. Destiny is watching Tracy closely. She knows Tracy is terrified, but she also knows there is a strength within her. 'Come on Trace,' Destiny thinks to herself, 'just cause a slight distraction. Then we'll get him.' As Destiny watches, she notices the unmistakable firming of Tracy's jaw and how her body loses its slumped, beaten state. 'I knew ya could do it girl!'

"Luke," Destiny whispers, "be ready ta jump him. I think Trace is gonna give us a chance." Luke nods his head slightly toward her, not taking his eyes off the couple before them. He elbows Bo, who elbows Cooter, who elbows Daisy without thinking. Daisy grabs her side but decides in this situation to let it pass, for now anyway. Tracy turns toward Josh, her fists clenched at her sides.

"Joshua Butler you have absolutely no right to treat me and my friends in this manner! I am sick and tired of you controling my life. That's right, I'm tired of running and hiding! This is the final straw!"

"Why don't you tell me what you think you're going to do about it? Hhmmm?" Josh replies taking his eyes off of the group of hayseeds bunched before them for a split second. He unknowingly let the muzzle of the gun point toward the ground.

"This!" Tracy exclaims as she brings both fists up and then down as hard as she can on the hand holding the gun. Destiny, Daisy, and the boys were in action before the gun hit the ground. Destiny and Daisy grab Tracy and pull her back between the General Lee and Jesse James. Bo charges right into Josh to settle the score while Luke picks up the gun and hands it off to Cooter.

"Ya want me ta shoot 'em in the toe Luke?"

"Naw, Bo's got it handled." Luke replies as Bo throws Josh up against the blue car. Josh slides down to the dirt, but Bo picks him up by his shirt collar. He sends an upper cut right into Josh's jaw, toppling him once again. Bo starts to reach for him, but Luke puts his hand on Bo's shoulder.

"That's enough cuz, he's out for the count."

"Aaawwww," Cooter groans, "I didn't even get ta throw one punch."

"Yeah, well," Bo starts slightly out of breath, "once that gun was outta his hands, he weren't much of a challenge."

"Good job cuz. I think you've been practicin', that upper cut of yours has never looked better." Luke teases with a grin as they lift Josh by his shirt and prop him up against the car hood.

"You girls all right!?" Luke asks. Destiny and Daisy nod and look at Tracy.

"Fine, just fine. I can't thank everyone enough for all of the help." Tracy replies. Josh shakes his head to clear it.

Balladeer: Do ya'll hear that? Sounds like the law is finally catchin' up. 'Course Uncle Jesse helped them out by radioin' the place it was all comin' down at to ol' Rosco.

A police cruiser with lights flashing and siren wailing pulls up behind Cooter's truck followed by Boss Hogg's convertible. Rosco had called Enos for a ride and had gotten Uncle Jesse's message just as Enos had showed up. Uncle Jesse pulls in behind the General Lee and Jesse James. They all get out of their vehicles and move toward the gathered bunch.

"This isn't over." Josh laughs at Bo. "I've brought kidnapping charges up on you and now I've got you for assualt and battery too!"

"That's right!" exclaims Boss. "Ya'll are goin' away fer sure this time! Heh, heh, heh! Arrest them Rosco!"

"Awright, just ffrrreeeezzzzzeeeee you Dukes! Khee, khee, khee! Oh, I love it, I love it!"

"Now just a minute Rosco! Hadn't you better ask this lady if she was kidnapped?" Uncle Jesse interjects.

"'Course she was kidnapped you ol' goat! Her financee tol' us so!"

"I was kidnapped all right." Tracy states. Everyone looks at her, some with confusion, others with smiles of glee.

"See? She says so herself. Now-"

"Yes I was taken against my will Sheriff, but it wasn't by this nice family or my friend either."

"The one that's crazy as a loon?"

"Crazy? Me!?" Destiny says in outrage.

"She's not crazy, except in her driving sometimes. No, I was kidnapped by that lying ex-financee of mine." Tracy finishes.

"Ex!? But he said-" Boss exclaims only to be interrupted by Tracy.

"You can't believe a word he says. Believe me."

"I got somethin' ta add ta this J. D. Before I left the house, I got a call from the police in New York. Seems they've been lookin' fer this polecat fer 'bout six months. He seems to have broken a lot of laws in the last few years. Big laws."

"Like what?" Tracy wants to know.

"Well, they did name a few like money launderin', extortion, bribery, blackmail, possible murder, etc, etc."

"Oh my!"

"Yep, so I'd say you'd better slap them cuffs on 'em right quick Rosco. We don't want him ta hurt anyone else."

"But, uh, Boss said-"

"Ain't you been listenin' numbskull!" Boss interrupts incredulously. "Arrest him or I will!"

"Oh, jit, jit, now listen, I'm the Sheriff so I get ta do the arrestin'." Rosco turns to Josh, "Awright, just freeze! I'm a placin' you under arrest. You boys hang onta him 'till I get these cuffs on." Rosco fumbles with the cuffs, but gets them on Josh eventually.

"Cletus, read him his rights. We want everythin' real legal like an' all." Cletus takes out his notecard and starts reading Josh his rights as Rosco and Enos stuff him into Eno's patrol car.

"Take him to the clink an' I'll be right behind ta make sure ya'll don't screw it up." Boss directs the lawmen.

"Hi Daisy! Bye Daisy!" Enos grins and waves as he jumps into his car. Both cars pull away, heading back toward Hazzard.

Balladeer: Well, ain't that a fittin' end ta that ol' sidewinder. Looks like he messed with the wrong family this time.

"Hey Luke?" Bo grins as everyone gathers around the General Lee and Jesse James. "Good luck with that race yer plannin'. Jesse James is 'bout as good as the General is. An' you know I wouldn't say that lightly."

"Does this mean ya'll are stayin' on a while now that the trouble is taken care of?" questions Cooter. Destiny looks at Tracy and raises an eyebrow in question.

"It sure would be nice havin' a real vacation." Destiny comments.

"Everyone has been so kind to me, I'd love to stay a little while longer." Tracy replies seriously, "I'll have to check with my uncle and find out how long though."

"Well, you's both welcome ta stay as long as ya want." Uncle Jesse offers.

"Thank you so much Uncle Jesse."

"Aawww, twern't nothin'. Lets all git on home an' find us some vittles. It's 'bout near ta dinner time an' them fields won't plow themselves."

"Yes sir." Bo and Luke answer at the same time.

"Come on Trace, I gotta see what kinda damage ol' Bo did ta my baby Jesse."

"I didn't hurt him any." Bo says defensively.

"We'll see." was all Destiny would say in reply. "C'mon Daisy, you can ride with us girls. I want ta ask 'bout yer wardrobe an' now's a good time ta do it." Luke's face stretches into a big smile and his eyes begin twinkling.

Balladeer: Ya'll think Luke's imaginin' Destiny in some of Daisy's short shorts an' tank tops? Yeah, me too.

That evening Bo took Tracy jukin' again, while Luke gave Destiny and Jesse James some instruction on jumping rivers and ponds.

"Well, it's gettin' too dark now. I think that was the last jump for taday." Luke comments.

"It's so much fun Luke, very addictive and pretty scary too."

"Yep, it can be. Yer doin' great. A few more jumps an' you'll be a pro."

"Thanks."

"Why don't we go sit down by the creek bank? It's kinda nice this time of night." Destiny smiles and nods her agreement. They walk down to the bank and Luke spreads out a blanket he'd pulled from the car. He lays down, bracing his head with his arms. Destiny lays down beside him, using Luke's chest as a pillow. Luke moves his hand to her hair and lightly runs his fingers through it. They are quiet for a few minutes, each lost in their own thoughts. Destiny finanally breaks the silence.

"It's so beautiful here, kinda like home, but not."

"How do ya mean?"

"Oh, we have beautiful scenery back in the Ozarks too, but for some strange reason I feel freer here. Does that make any kinda sense?"

"I know exactly what ya mean. When I was in the Marines, I saw some of the most exotic country. But it just wasn't Hazzard. It wasn't home."

"This place feels like home ta me too. Isn't that crazy? I've only been here a couple of days."

"It does grow on a person." Luke hesitates briefly. "Uh, Des, there's somethin' I'd like ta ask ya." He sits up bringing Destiny with him and turns so he is looking her directly in the eye.

"Is somethin' wrong Luke?"

"Oh no sweetheart. It's just... well it depends on what yer answer is. Ya see, I want ta ask ya if... well... I was hopin'... Shoot, I ain't no good at this." Luke looks away from Destiny, but she cups his face in her hands and makes him look at her again.

"It's okay, whatever you're gonna say, you can say. It's just me here."

"That's why it's so hard, cause it is you." Luke pauses and takes a deep breath. He wraps his hands around hers and squeezes gently. "Awright, here goes... Destiny Dawn," He pauses to pull a box out of his pocket, "will ya do me the honor of bein' my wife?" He flips open the lid revealing the engagement ring inside. Destiny's jaw drops and her eyes get big.

"I know this is awful fast honey, but it seems ta me that when a man finds his match he better grab hold an' hang on if'n he can. Uncle Jesse says if you're lucky enough ta find her, don't let her get away." Destiny is still speechless. "Please say somethin' baby. I know I didn't do a very good job of askin'-"

"Luke." Destiny whispers.

"Yeah?"

"Hush fer a minute." Luke stays silent and just looks at her, still holding the opened box.

"I'm just so shocked. Yer right, this was fast." Destiny pauses for a moment.

"Oh Des-"

"Wait, I ain't thru. I also agree that when ya find a match you should try ta hang on. So I'm gonna say yes on one condition."

"Yes? You're a sayin' yes!" Luke exults. Destiny giggles slightly.

"Yes, on one condition."

"What's this condition?" Luke asks cautiously.

"We have ta wait for my family ta come meet ya. I have ta have their blessing."

"I can deal with that. So that's a yes then?"

"Oh yes Mr. Duke, that is a big yes." Luke slides the ring on her finger and they seal the promise with a kiss.

Balladeer: Now ain't that nice? I've tol' ya'll before that we like happy endings here in Hazzard. Ya'll come back again right soon. I have a feelin' that the Duke family meetin' the Dawn family is gonna be a might interestin'. But that's jus' normal fer Hazzard County, whatever normal is.

The End.