A reimaging of Coy and Vance

leandar

With the Coy and Vance episodes looking to start this week on CMT, it got me thinking what might could have been done with these characters if the producers just hadn't made them simple Bo and Luke clones. Here's my take on what could have been done with these characters:

First, Coy. What if Coy and his family were still running shine? Nowhere was it stated that Jesse was the only Duke in the shine business and if it was a family tradition, it seems to me that some of his brothers and sisters would have been in it as well. Also, the agreement that Jesse signed said that he would never make moonshine again for Bo and Luke's freedom. It didn't say anything about the whole Duke family not making any. Well one of those brothers I mentioned earlier could have been Coy's father and suppose that he was still big in the moonshine business and Coy had been running shine with/for him for quite a few years, stopping only because his dad got word that Jesse was going to need help running his farm as Bo and Luke were leaving for the NASCAR circuit.

And what if Vance had also been in the military as Luke was, but unlike Luke, had just been discharged and he had come to Jesse's farm to help out there while Bo and Luke were gone? Unlike Luke, he made more of a career in the military eventually becoming a member of the Green Berets or some group like that.

Well, that's my thought on what might could have been done with these characters. If anyone has any different opinions, feel free to say so.

I agree that they should have done the whole Coy and Vance thing in a different manner, but I think they were hoping to just slip them in and hope nobody would care that much and the show would continue like nothing happened. They did they same thing when Roscoe left for several episodes...they just gave a quick explanation why he wasnt present in that particular episode, then went on with the show.

I agree that they should have done the whole Coy and Vance thing in a different manner, but I think they were hoping to just slip them in and hope nobody would care that much and the show would continue like nothing happened. They did they same thing when Roscoe left for several episodes...they just gave a quick explanation why he wasnt present in that particular episode, then went on with the show.

I fully agree with both of you. Maybe people would have liked them more if more was done with them. You know? At first i thought that they were suppose to be playing bo and luke because they looked like bad clones of them. I just don't like them that much. Oh by the way why did John and Tom be appsent. what happened that caused them not to be there? Thanks!

I fully agree with both of you. Maybe people would have liked them more if more was done with them. You know? At first i thought that they were suppose to be playing bo and luke because they looked like bad clones of them. I just don't like them that much. Oh by the way why did John and Tom be appsent. what happened that caused them not to be there? Thanks!

The short version is they belived WB to be cheating them out of a lot of money in royalties and they sued over it. Eventually it turned out to be a book keeping error and everything was dropped and they returned to the show and have since realized how badly they screwed up.

The short version is they belived WB to be cheating them out of a lot of money in royalties and they sued over it. Eventually it turned out to be a book keeping error and everything was dropped and they returned to the show and have since realized how badly they screwed up.

• 3 weeks later...