What do you drive?

Sway4829

I know we all wish we were crusing around in a General Lee but most of us ain't that lucky. So I'm curious what does everyone actually drive.

I drive a 2001 black Mercury Cougar... I named her Ledi. She's a 5 speed... I hate automatics (no offense to anyone, but they just ain't as much fun) got a V6 2.5 liter, a sunroof and 6 disc in dash CD changer. She's my third car, I bought her used with about 38,000 miles on her, before I had a 1996 green Pontiac Sunfire named Sway which eventually just gave out and a 2002 navy blue Chevy Cavilier named Jesse which I totalled out.

She's nothing special by any means but she's been good to me and I love her.

Pictures (if anyone cares)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Sway4829/Ledi/ledi01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Sway4829/Ledi/ledi02.jpg

Your turn...

I aint got nothin special but I am a truck kinda woman. I drive a 1998 Dodge Dakota Sport, dark purple. I had "Psycho", writen across the front nut changed it to Cowgirl up, and on the back is going to be Born Cowgirl. :wink: 8) My next one truck is going to be a Heavy Duty (much bigger than a dakota). after i get out a college i'll try for my road runner or charger, (which ever i can get). by the way looks good Sway.

Next...

I agree Daisy I prefer trucks but mine are in need of repair SO I'm driving my new (USED) 1997 Ford Thunderbird. Burgandy with the leather seats and moonroof. It has a 4.6 in it and will fly! The saleman THOUGHT he was hooking me with the gas prices getting ready to go when I bought it BUT the car I traded in had duck tap holding the grease in the ball joints which I had driven until they were worn out and the front end was so out of line it wore tires out in like a month but they couldn't align it becouse the used parts I put on it weren't good enough to align it (They were better than what came off it!) You ask why not put new parts in it? I paid 500 for the car drove it 18 months and hte new ball joint (control arms -- it was built togather :( ) would have been another 500. I was afraid to sink that kind of money in the car--it had a lot of miles on it so income tax I traded it for the T-Bird. I haven't been this hapy with a car (when I wanted a truck) since 1992 when I bought my 1992 F-150 NEW!!

Dixie

you are all lucky in my opinion - i have just got my first car and it is a 2005 Chevrolet - sounds good so far - it is a 2005 Chevrolet Matiz!!!

1.0L SOHC 4-cylinder, producing 63 horses, 0-60 in 12.9 secs, 64lb/ft torque at 4200rpm and a top speed of 94mph

i have bought a Dixie air horn for it - just need to install it now

it has a 5-speed manual and is a great car to drive and dont cost too much to run - 44.1miles per gallon - not bad when gas in England costs the equivilent of $7.43 per gallon!!!!!

Take a look for yourself:

5d8c75e0.jpg

74f9301e.jpg

Well I drive a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 truck. It’s my baby. My fiancés get mad at me for calling it my baby. Oh well it is and always will be. It’s the first big thing I bought. It’s a great truck. I got the off road addition that Dodge offered. It a white truck, nice V8 magnum, quad cab, 33in tires, 4-10 gears. It aint nothing special but it dose me just fine. And before you ask have I ever used 4-wheel drive? Yes. That truck has been put though it paces. The other thing I have is a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix. (I hate this car) Not gonna tell you about that thing. Shoot a car is just a car, But a truck is a truck.

Yeah, Rams are great trucks. I got mine new for 28,000. I did buy it out of state (Oregon) because for that same truck (in California) they wanted 39,000 for. I use to have a 1992 Chevy 1500. It was all lifted and had the big tires. I was a great truck but it got old real fast. One cause everyone started to lift they truck just because and two with the independent front end on that truck as a pain in the a**. I broke my lift two times because of the front end. I still love Chevy but now it all about Dodges for me.

I've got a 2003 PT Cruiser and I am currently super charging the engine and doing some body work. I plan on putting on a 01 on both doors to honor the Dukes and a dixie horn, but that's as far as it goes. An orange PT Cruiser would look rediculous. It's silver and will post pics as soon as I get it done.

I drive a 1989 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24, black in color. There's a picture of it at the Hazzardnet Photo Gallery under Hazzardnet Garage. The photo gallery link is on the main page.

If my car is getting fixed, then I either drive my mom's 1993 Oldsmobile Cutless Cierra, or my dad's 1995 Dodge Dakota.

I was at a local car show yesterday and saw a 1969 Dodge Charger and a 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner up close. Unfortunately, both were not done up like 'Dukes of Hazzard' cars (ie: General Lee and Daisy's car).

Jam and I currently share a blue Chevy, nothing special. Jam had her own Chevy, but it kept breaking down so she sold it. So now we act like Bo and Luke and share a car. I used to have a Ford, but I ran it into the ground driving it to college and back.

In our area there is a P.T. cruiser that's black with purple flames on the hood, the coolest cruiser around here. However, if we saw one with an O1 on the side, that would certainly be cooler.

I currently have 2 cars. One that I drive every day here in Alaska, and one that I drive when I'm back home in Texas for a couple of weeks. My daily driver is a '05 Hyundai Elantra GT(I know, shoot me now. Even though it's not a bad car, needed the better gas mileage). My car back in Texas is a '73 Dodge Dart Swinger. Before the Hyundai, I had a '95 Ram 2500 V10 4x4, and before that a '93 F-150 extended cab 4x4. You can check out my cars at this link: http:/www.geocities.com/mydartswinger I also drove a '87 Monte Carlo through high school.

Crazy C... this is probably the last thing you want to hear but that lil' Chevy Matiz is cute! :)

44 miles to the gallon?!?!? I think Chevy needs to apply some of that European engineering over here..LOL

I own two cars, a 1986 Pontiac Firebird and a 1997 Saturn SL1. I'm lucky I get 14 miles to the gallon with the Firebird and I have no idea with the Saturn. LOL

Mary Anne - i agree with you 100% - it is very cute, and efficient

it has to be very efficient at $7.38 per gallon!!!! that is the price i have to pay for my gas over here

most standard cars over here do about 40mpg

but the great thing about my little Matiz is that it is quite nippy

0-60 officially in about 12secs, but i have done it in 9.5, thanks to a little tweaking under the hood

i will see about posting up a photo of the little engine as well at some point - it is tiny!!!

it is going to be so cool though when i get my dixie horn installed, and i am thinking of getting a confederate flag rear window tint, and 01 graphics for the doors, but i think it might not work somehow

by the way - for anyone who is interested, Matiz Owners Club

there are a few people who like the Matiz, although i am the only owner of a chevy on the site - member #69

• 4 weeks later...

nice - the bike and kart that is - i am not a fan of mercs

what ya want to do to that kart of yours is stick a lawn mower Honda 5.5 engine on it and put a sproket from an old bike on a solid rear axle and set up a throttle assembly

in all you are probably looking at 2hours work tops. i have made so many karts i have lost track. i am partial to the Raket 85cc 2 stroke engine on a fly weight aluminium chassis, but a Honda 5.5 is just as good, and on a wooden frame it will go like anything, but maybe double the pram wheels to give a bit more strength

it will not take long to do all that - i have assembled a complete kart in a day including making some of the parts myself - it is well worth it

engines are not that expensive if they are a bit battered. i got 4 out of a skip cos the fuel tank on top of each of them was dented - still ran fine.

and the best wheels to go for are go kart cadet slicks - any will do, but they can be found on ebay quite a bit.

for steering what you want is a column with a steering wheel on one end, and the other end attached to a bearing mounted in the chassis at an angle. about a fifth of the length away from the steering wheel you will need to rig up a support, which is normally 2 bars at an angle of about 60degrees to the horizontal going up from the chassis and meeting about 2 feet away from the chassis vertically.

then mount a tube about 4 inches long onto the top of these bars with the column going through. this is your column support.

about 4 inches from the bottom of the column, you want to have a protrusion of some sort going down onto which you can attach a metal bar onto each side.

if you do not already have steering, you will want to make some T shaped brakets. on one end of the horizontal you want your wheel. on the other end of the horizontal you have it pivoting on your chassis, and the metal bars previously mentioned will attach on the end of the vertical. this is reliable and very good.

if you do have steering already then just make a protrusion on the axle and connect the metal bars to them.

and that is your steering mechanism set up and ready to go

i will see if i can get some pics for you, but if you go to Beths Kart Club and go to pictures and look through them, you should be able to see what i mean (and by the way, the person driving a blue kart with a number 36 on it wearing a dark helmet is me!)

any other questions, just click on the message board link at the top of the page and then go to club message board (not NatSKA message board) and put a post up in there and we will be able to help you out

another suggestion is if you want to save time and effort, you could just see about getting a rolling chassis off of ebay, that will have wheels, steering and a seat already installed on it, and they can be picked up quite cheap as well especially if they have been cut and welded shut again as they are not race legal

engines are not that expensive if they are a bit battered. i got 4 out of a skip cos the fuel tank on top of each of them was dented - still ran fine.

and the best wheels to go for are go kart cadet slicks - any will do, but they can be found on ebay quite a bit.

for steering what you want is a column with a steering wheel on one end, and the other end attached to a bearing mounted in the chassis at an angle. about a fifth of the length away from the steering wheel you will need to rig up a support, which is normally 2 bars at an angle of about 60degrees to the horizontal going up from the chassis and meeting about 2 feet away from the chassis vertically.

then mount a tube about 4 inches long onto the top of these bars with the column going through. this is your column support.

about 4 inches from the bottom of the column, you want to have a protrusion of some sort going down onto which you can attach a metal bar onto each side.

if you do not already have steering, you will want to make some T shaped brakets. on one end of the horizontal you want your wheel. on the other end of the horizontal you have it pivoting on your chassis, and the metal bars previously mentioned will attach on the end of the vertical. this is reliable and very good.

if you do have steering already then just make a protrusion on the axle and connect the metal bars to them.

and that is your steering mechanism set up and ready to go

i will see if i can get some pics for you, but if you go to Beths Kart Club and go to pictures and look through them, you should be able to see what i mean (and by the way, the person driving a blue kart with a number 36 on it wearing a dark helmet is me!)

any other questions, just click on the message board link at the top of the page and then go to club message board (not NatSKA message board) and put a post up in there and we will be able to help you out

another suggestion is if you want to save time and effort, you could just see about getting a rolling chassis off of ebay, that will have wheels, steering and a seat already installed on it, and they can be picked up quite cheap as well especially if they have been cut and welded shut again as they are not race legal

Thanks, CC! But, I don't have any clubs or tracks near me... :( and an engine wouldn't be road legal. But, if I find a track somewhere, I might install an engine. :D Right now, I only have a solid kart made from wood, and, as I think you said, a pivoting front axle for steering :p . I will install the steering wheel, etc. but the engine's a no-no :( . I just take my kart out while my dad walks Paco (my mutt). :)

PS: I had a dream about it. I did everything to it (Slicks, engine, steering, etc.) but instead of a tiny scooter engine, I got a superbike engine! Top Gear invited me onto their show, and I beat Jerry Clarkson in a Ferrari! :lol:

EJD here with an update... PICS! :D

The steering wheel I'll be using... very stylish! Pic's a bit blurry... :-?

108220713.jpg

The kart...

108220720.jpg

The existing brake system...

108220728.jpg

And ME, on the existing chassis!

108220733.jpg

Another future improvement might be those slicks... :D and a 'lil old Bucket seat right at the back. 8)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey ya'll I drive the most wickest awesomest Vehicle you will ever see on the roads! NOT!

I drive a 94 Ford Taurus GL. I call her Betty, don't ask. But she's my first car and she gets me where I need to go! She's got plenty of pep too! With a V6 3.8L Engine the most powerful factory installed! :lol: I like to step on the gas!!!! But right now she's in rough shape, I got rear-ended!! And now I have to get a new bumper.

I also drive a 94 Dodge (yay for Mopar!!) Dakota 4x4. But it a stick and I'm still learning how to drive it. Got any tips??? :D It's fun though!

At work I drive a chevy silverado, it's fun, but it turns like a barn door!

Someday I hope to drive a Charger!!!