Father's Day

Just wanted to wish a good Father's Day to all the dads here. Of all the things a person can do for a living, there is no job more important, or more challenging, than being a parent.

I heard somethin' at a Native American gathering today, that is worth sharing. I'm going to repeat it the best I can:

"We all have many fathers. We are the product of generations of ancestors. Mothers and fathers who endured hardships, traveled great miles, and fought many wars so that we could be born."

"We who are fathers today cannot know the path that our childern will walk. We can only make our sons and daughters strong for the journey. We can guide them but it is up to them to choose their steps. Fathers, choose your own path wisely so your children will know their way."

Brian

All my dad wanted for Father's Day was two pairs of shorts. He's simple to buy gifts for. Sometimes I just slip him some money, because he doesn't know what to get. I'm that way too on my birthday and at Christmas time. Like father like son, I guess. That's probably the ONLY thing similar between him and me. :lol:

Hey ya'al,

Happy fathers day to all ya dads out there. My dad always asks for a fishing pole but never uses it so this year i decided i would buy him his "fishing license". that way he could use the fishing poles from the last three years.

That was great Brian i really liked it. my dad is a proud father of three girls and a grandpa of a granddaughter. haha he's outnumbered by girls 5 to 1 and says he's proud of it. :lol: