What's the world comming too

Yesterday, I was on my way to pay my bills. I had to stop at the bank to get some money, before I pulled into the bank I passed a state pig. At this time she didn't do anything. I pull out of the bank and seen her sitting on the side of the road talking to another state pig. I get about a mile from my bank when she pulls me over. She pulled me over because she said my car is to loud(which it's not. You can't even hear it when pulls in my yard) and the other reason for pulling me over was my front plate. It was conferdate flag plate. Just like on Rosco's and Enos's cars. She tells me I can't have it on my car and that I need to take it off. :cry: Talk about not being fair. There are other people's car that have worse things on them then mine and alot louder then mine. What's the world comming to when you can't even have a flag on your car. :evil:

I'm sorry you ran into this. I would think that it would depend on what state you live in and if you have complied with all other requirements for vehicle registration. For instance, if your confederate plate is on the front, do you have the regular plate mounted above it, if your state requires front plates?

I would try to find an online page for your Department of Transportation where you may be able to find out if you're not allowed to have any extra plate mounted with your regular license plates. If there is nothing prohibiting the display of an extra plate, then I would say that it was the rebel flag that caused the "concern" of the officer, and that wouldn't be right.

Anyway - good luck and I hope it all works out for you.

you are not alone there Jessi - my uncle had a similar problem - except he had a front plate with the Anti-Whale Hunting Logo on it - an dhe was fined for having a 'violent cult related emblem' on his car

he works for Greenpeace for Christ's sake - what else is he gonna have on his car - a 'Lets all eat seals today' front plate? :-?

he complained and his fine was withdrawn and the officer was given a warning - but it should not be like that

regs on vehicles in England are pretty bad - you are not allowed to have ANY flag on your vehicle - not even a Union Flag!

you can be fined over here if your licence plate is slightly the wrong size or if the numbers are too close together!

• 4 weeks later...

infact, recently my dad was pulled over cos the plate on his trailer is american sized cos it is in a UW plate frame, and the cops tried to fine him - didn't work though - i know the law, and there are no regs over here about specific plate sizings for small trailers, which is what we have

infact, recently my dad was pulled over cos the plate on his trailer is american sized cos it is in a UW plate frame, and the cops tried to fine him - didn't work though - i know the law, and there are no regs over here about specific plate sizings for small trailers, which is what we have

When I lived in Orlando a few years back an utility company there got some real negative reaction. They fired an employee who had a front plate of the conferdate plate on his vehicle. They had told him he was not allowed to park in their parking garage...when he told them it was BS...they fired him.

I think in the end he got his job back. Can I ask what state or country do you live in that you had the cop pull you over?

When I lived in Orlando a few years back an utility company there got some real negative reaction. They fired an employee who had a front plate of the conferdate plate on his vehicle. They had told him he was not allowed to park in their parking garage...when he told them it was BS...they fired him.

I think in the end he got his job back. Can I ask what state or country do you live in that you had the cop pull you over?

i live in Kent in England, and the police here HATE the motorist with a vengance - cops get promoted more often if they give out speeding tickets than if they arrest murderers

the whole police force in the UK is messed up - they are happier to go and fine motorists for absolutely anything than to track down 'real' criminals

the police here just want to make money, not do their job

i live in Kent in England, and the police here HATE the motorist with a vengance - cops get promoted more often if they give out speeding tickets than if they arrest murderers

the whole police force in the UK is messed up - they are happier to go and fine motorists for absolutely anything than to track down 'real' criminals

the police here just want to make money, not do their job

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah. I get complained at a lot about the flag. I got pulled over yesterday because my Jeep has a rebel flag front plate, my school ended up making do community service for wearing a Git-R-Done shirt with a rebel flag on it, and to make it worse, my Uncle drove me to school in his General and nobody made a big deal until someone commented from the second story about the roof. He had to replace a headlight later that day. My belt buckle has the "Two Brothers" on it. You know, Old Glory and Stars & Bars overlapping, but I never got yelled at about THAT since it has the union flag on it. Joke's on them, though. 'Cause I wore that Git-R-Done shirt to picture day, and that picture shows up on everything; my school ID card, the school website, and the yearbook! Heh. Take that, violators of the First Amendment!

Where i live it all depends on the cop that pulls you over, for instance where i live there is a law that says you have to have a front plate, if you get pulled over by officer Lopez your gonna get a ticket, if you get pulled over by officers Over or Love they might tell you to go home and find the plate and put it back on. Most of the cops are cool because i know most of em' but others, if you give em' a ticket book by the end of the day they will have already issued almost half the book. Now that we just got a brand new station and some have been going through books like crazy cause they want to be able to pay for it. We only have a couple of Rosco's, one's name is really Officer Bryan Rosco. Kinda weird cause he's really nice and would never think of givin someone a ticket for somethin' so small.

I hate the way people over react regarding the confederate flag. My uncle had one in his truck untill someone yelled at him, and nearly beat him over it, he took it out. People don't realize what the flag means...it's not racist. It was a battle flag for cryin out loud! And yes people will argue that the KKK fly it, but I've heard they also fly the christian flag and the American stars and stripes! Eh people need to chill out.