What are you listening to???

bosbabysis

• 2 months later...

I've found myself watching the annual Eurovision Song Contest again. They've just had the entry from the Netherlands (Roth's home country), and it was a country singer with the stage name "Waylon". It's certainly different from the other songs, and I quite liked it. Here's his performance from the semi-final two nights ago:

I didn't watch it as I was watching the Indycar. I think I actually last watched Eurovision in 2003 or so. But anyway. Yes, Waylon has his stage name inspired by his idol Waylon Jennings. He actually worked in the show of Waylon Jennings in Nashville for a few years until his dead apparently. That's what Wikipedia tells me at least.

I remember earlier winners, but I think the first show I remember watching is around 1980. The 1980 contest was won by Johnny Logan of Ireland with "What's Another Year", followed by the UK's Bucks Fizz with "Making Your Mind Up" in 1981 and Germany's Nicole with "Ein bißchen Frieden" in 1982 (Nicole sang her victory performance in German, English, French and Dutch).

I always used to say I wouldn't bother watching Eurovision, but now I normally seem to have it on if I'm home.

In case you missed the results, Roth, the Netherlands got 121 points, easily out-scoring the UK's 48, although Ireland got 136. All were dwarfed by Israel's winning score of 529!

4 hours ago, Roth Potter said:

I didn't watch it as I was watching the Indycar. I think I actually last watched Eurovision in 2003 or so. But anyway. Yes, Waylon has his stage name inspired by his idol Waylon Jennings. He actually worked in the show of Waylon Jennings in Nashville for a few years until his dead apparently. That's what Wikipedia tells me at least.

We need to invite this guy to join the HazzardNet. 

• 2 years later...