hmmm Who Played....

I think I heard Boss call him Alex - but I'm not sure. I'm not 100% sure that the driver ever even had a line. Unfortunately he was one of those characters that was pretty much set dressing (in other words only there in the first couple of seasons to show how rich Boss was). I think that he was no longer on the show after the second season.

LS3

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Which episodes whas his name mentioned? I have always been told his name was Alex, but don't ever remember his name being spoken during an episode.

No he never really did talk, but he did have a line or two in "Mary-Kaye's Baby". He objected to an idea of Boss' against her or gave an opinion or so. Can't remember exactly what he said, but he did speak. ;)

He'd be good to use in a fic - I had often times thought of using him. :)

Take care and keep it between the ditches

Garrett Duke

• 16 years later...
On 6/17/2005 at 1:57 PM, lost_sheep3 said:

According to www.imdb.com the driver was played by Dan Fitzgerald.

LS3

Just to clear this up, Dan Fitzgerald was the driver of the truck carrying the slot machines who gets stopped by Daisy in her red bikini. Boss does have a driver in 'One Armed Bandits', but we don't get a good look at him.

7 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

In Season 1 Episode 3 Mary Kaye's Baby he is nameless and played by stuntman Gary Baxley. In the CA episodes, he is called Alex and played by someone else.

The first good look at Boss' driver that we get is as they're driving away from the recording studio in 'Daisy's Song' (S1E02). As Skipper says, it appears to be Gary Baxley. According to my notes, we don't find out that he's called Alex until 'The Rustlers' (S2E03). By then he's played by an unnamed actor. Alex even gets to speak in 'The Late J.D. Hogg', but still doesn't get an acting credit.