coy and vance's car

Welcome to HNet Lady Amanda. :)

Well, if'n I recall correctly, the car Coy n' Vance arrived in Hazzard in was a blue Plymouth Roadrunner (similar to Daisy's first car...a '74). I seem to think the car had a white stripe running over the hood and roof.

That car was toasted for lunch by the mean green machine. LOL

Thanks for the Welcome.

I got into a discussion on another board, about there having been a blue car driven by the Duke boys at some point. They asked about it and everyone else said there wasn't a blue car PERIOD. i just figured they were a bit confused about which Dukes drove a blue car, but couldn't remember for sure if Coy and Vance's car was blue or not. :lol: Thanks.

Hey! That was a cool question, I didnt know that Coy and Vance had even had a car of there own. Thanks for Sharing.

Amanda, if your ever interested in finding out about the brother of the General Lee, a car that I created called General Lees Ghost please feel free to email me at woodsman@pronetisp.net or visit my web site (hope this is the right address) www.geocities.com//generalleesghost01 See ya round.

~Chet Duke

I took a look at your site, very nice :)

The question on the other board jogged my memory, I knew they'd had a car when they got there just not sure about the color. it's been a long time i've seen the show(used to have a couple of the videotapes, that my dad bought me but they didn't get kept very long :( ). I'll be sure to stick around a while :)

Well, there was also the blue 1975 Plymouth Fury that Bo and Luke drove in the episode "Mary Kaye's Baby." There was no General Lee at all in that episode. Your discussion board may have been thinking of that car too.

Incidentally...can you post the link to the board? I'd be curious to see it. Always on the look out for other Dukes related sites.

The issue came up because someone in Scotland got into an arguement with someone at work about it. It was on a Roleplaying Game site(on their general subjet forum) not a Dukes related site. From what was said the car was in more then one episode, which is what made me think of Coy and Vance's car. the thread has already fell off the page, and other ickier subjects have taken over :-?

Howdy, Miss Amanda!

I didn't study Coy n' Vance much, but I remember 'em takin' off in a yellow Mustang in the episode "Welcome Back Bo & Luke." Just to add to the confusion. Heh!

Well, continuity was nevah a sure thing on the show, anyhow. Maybe that's why Bo and Luke always wore the same shirts, day in, day out. In order for casual fans to keep track of which one was which.

Come to think of it, Uncle Jesse nevah varied much in his outfit, either. Nor did Cooter.

Boss Hogg definately stuck to a color scheme he liked. Tho' one assumes he musta had a dozen or so of them white suits.

Poor ol' Rosco, he was so broke that he got down to one last uniform shirt. And after all them frequent dunks in Hazzard Pond, that shirt faded from a bright blue to a Woolite-washed pale blue.

Daisy, howevah, seemed to have more clothes than anybody else in Hazzard. Counted it once, she changed outfits 4 times in one episode.

Anyhow! Welcome to Hazzard, Lady Amanda. N'joy yer stay. :wink:

Brian

I never really noticed the thing with the clothes. i've only seen about 6 episodes, since it originally went off the air when i was 10 or 11. so my memory isn't gonna be too good on some aspects of the show, but i do remember watching it everytime it was on and really enjoying it. thinking about what i just wrote it's kinda amazing that i even remember Coy and Vance at all :lol: much less what color their car was.

i don't worry too much about continuity in tv shows being a Star Trek fan wouldn't be as much fun if i did.

• 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...

The car that Coy and Vance arrive at the farm in, in "The New Dukes", is a Plymouth Roadrunner, although it is all blue and doesn't have the white stripe around it that MaryAnne recalls.

The car was quite likely a respray of one of Daisy's old Plymouth Roadrunners, and the cars were repainted and appeared in various episodes for a few seasons after it's demise as Daisy's Roadrunner in s2's "The Runaway".

On the subject of Coy and Vance's car, am interesting thought that only became apparent to me six months or so ago... Coy and Vance arrive in it in "The New Dukes". Literally a couple of minutes after their arrival, and without them even going inside the farm(!), Uncle Jesse sends them off in it on a chore, taking Daisy with them. On the way back, the Mean Green Machine toasts the car, and the trio only just escape in time. My nitpick... the "new" Dukes didn't even go inside the farm or take any luggage from the car, so presumably anything they brought with them (one would expect a couple of suitcases at least) was still inside the car when it was incinerated!!

(For all of the above, read "the Coy and Vance scripts were simply adapted from ones written for Bo and Luke, so Coy and Vance's arrival was tacked into the plot).

I think Hobie is right on this subject. If you toast a car from the front the trunk wont be immediately destroyed.

As of the car they drove. I thought their car was the car Daisy used before the one in 'The Runaway'. It looked like the car Daisy drove in Georgia and early California episodes.

The flat hood (without vents) would suggest to me that Coy and Vance's car was a 1974 Plymouth Satellite rather than a Road Runner. It's still possible that they reused one of Daisy's early Road Runners, but the cars were probably cheap and easy to get hold of in the early '80s, so it's just as likely that they were different cars. 1974 Plymouth Satellites featured in two season 4 episodes, 'Goodbye General Lee' and 'Birds Gotta Fly', so my guess would be that if they reused cars, it would be from those episodes.

PJ, I'm afraid that MaryAnne is right about the white stripe.

CoyVanceCar1.jpg

Here's the car on fire - I'll leave it up to y'all to decide if the luggage survived. I never understood why they didn't just reverse!

CoyVanceCar2.jpg

I apologise, I feel so ashamed! Coy and Vance's car does have a white stripe... over the top; I was thinking about down the sides!

Here's the car on fire - I'll leave it up to y'all to decide if the luggage survived. I never understood why they didn't just reverse!

CoyVanceCar2.jpg

Well, if any luggage did survive, I think we can at least agree that Coy and Vance's underwear will be just a little more toasty warm after this!! :lol: