DukesFest Survey!

What was the main reason you went to DukesFest?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What was the main reason you went to DukesFest?

• To see John and get an autograph
    • To see Cathy and get an autograph
    • To ride in a General Lee
    • To just "be there" and see everything
    • To see the car stunts
    • To see Ben, Jimmie, and Rick
    • For the music

Brian--

If I had been given the chance to go, and the reason I voted for in your poll, was to see everything. Not just the high flying cars, or to get autographs from childhood heroes, but also to get the chance to meet up with friends and fellow DOH fans. After all... its not just the DOH show that makes Hazzard what it is today, but the people in it as well.

:lol: Course... I'm biased because I think Hnet is the best DOH place there is on the web or anyplace else. :wink:

Jax

I'd have to agree with Min about going because of just to see everything! It is hard for me to pin point one reason of why to go...I didn't get John's or Cathy's autograph, but it was great to see them on stage. I didn't get to ride in the General but it was great to see all the Generals and police cars around - and to see the jumps. I thought the music was great. It was great to see all the cast that was there! It felt great to be among all those people out there to know they are all Dukes of Hazzard fans - it is amazing to look around to see all those people and to know there is even more fans that elsewhere. I think it is amazing to see all those fans and knowing that the show is an older show and I find it ironic. Ironic because of all that the critics had said (about the show) when the show had first aired...

Anyway...it was great to just be there and to see everything that was going on. To be a part of it.

~Keep it between the Ditches~

Garrett Duke

I had to over all vote -- To just "be there" and see everything.

This was my 3rd Duke Fest. I had two particular things on my list to do one of which (Getting John's autograph-- I've met / or have the others) I did -- the other was to ride in the General Lee but the lines were closed when I made it to the track.

At the drag track they made the comment if you hadn't been across the river you needed to go down and check out "Hazzard Nation" -- This description fit! No matter what your reason for being there was everyone was 'like' minded and the 'spirit' of Hazzard lived. An example of this is something that happened (or didn't happen). I have a 'new' car which has a moon roof which Sat. morning I had open going to the track. Not wanting to carry all our money inside I 'locked' it in the car. We had taken a cooler of pop and left it in the car so about three hours into being there we returned to the car for a refill of pop to find that we had left the moon roof open -- NOTHING was bothered! I'd be willing to bet that you get that many people together for other events and I'd not have been so fortunate!!!

No matter where you were in the crowd you were able to find someone to talk to. I ran into people from my home county in southern WV . The girl who was with me ran into her family she hadn't seen in years for Delaware. I even ran into a fellow Correctional Officer who saw my ID from Alabama.

Dixie

I won’t lie… my primary reason for going was to see John. And really it wasn't so much about meeting him and getting his autograph... believe it or not I really wanted to hear him sing more than anything else. I've been listening to his music non-stop lately and just can't get enough of it. But anyway now that I've gone to my first Dukesfest I would definitely go back even if none of the cast members were there. It's just a great environment and there's so much to see and do and so many great people to meet from all over the world who love the show just as much as you do. I hope to make it back in the coming years.

• 2 months later...

Well I aint' never been to a dukesfest yet, summer schedule and workin schedule gets in the way. But this commin year I'm going, (dukesfest of bust!!lol) but I picked because I just want to be there and see everything. The music, stunts, general lee charge, the cast...the whole kit'n'kabodle. I think just the atmosphere is gonna be amazin, I mean what other show has a huge FESTIVAL in honor of the best durn show ever?? lol. i can only count one..lol. :D