Does anyone know plans to release "ENOS" on DVD?

With all the releases of the Duke Seasons on DVD, does anyone know of any possible releases of the Enos show? That was a very underated TV show and if CBS had put the show on the right night, namely before or after Dukes of Hazzard on Friday nights it would have lasted a few more seasons. Sonny Shroyer is the man? A lot better character than Gomer Pyle which critics wanted to compare it to. A very funny show with good chemestry between the Enos and Turk characters, and plenty of action... Some of the best car chase and fight scenes on TV of that era were on Enos just as well as Dukes. If anyone knows how I can get "Enos" on DVD or tape, please let me know???

I used my wonderful reference library skills and did a search for Enos on tape or DVD. It appears that there are like 2 episodes, maybe 3 in the knonw universe that are actually on tape and those are high priced and of poor quality. :( Depressing I know.

We have to remember that VCRs were not common place in many homes in the early 80s. They were far too expensive, and people didnt tape shows like they do now.

I believe I saw on a site that Enos is being considered for DVD.. There has been some grumblings on here that perhaps season 5 may have an episodes or two from Enos because lets face it..will coy and vance sell a DOH DVD? And there were 3 episodes where some of the cast of DOH made apperiences on Enos' show. I believe they were Uncle Jesse, Roscoe and Daisy. I'd love to see the one with Daisy. :wink:

Also, on Sonny's site there was a poll asking people if they wanted to see Enos on DVD. If I remember correctly on about 1000 odd people had signed it, which is not enough to make a DVD. But we can still hope.

• 1 year later...

Hi, My name is RogerDuke. I am a 46 year old Dukes fan from Pennsylvania. Despite the fact that I am otherwise a pretty intelligent guy, my computer skills are pretty bad. Yesterday was the first time I have attempted to do anything with a computer besides e-mail and since I am such a Dukes fanatic, I discoved this website (with a little help). You are the first person I've "talked" to. I saw your question about the "Enos" series and I have wondered the same thing so let me know if you get any info about that. It's nice to know that somebody else liked Enos enough to be wondering about his series. Enos and Uncle Jesse are my two favorite characters. I talked to Sonny twice on the phone but never met him. I'm met Ben Jones and Tom Wopat in person though. Once I've figured out how to navigate this website, I'm going to love it. The people of Hazzard County have always felt like family to me and now it's cool knowing I will meet others who feel the same way. Roger

Right after I sent the last message I read the responses you got back from other people so my computer skills are already improving. The one person said that there was a poll on Sonny's website asking if people want the DVD to be made. Could you give me the website? I guess I could google it but I don't know how. Thanks, Roger

Hi, My name is RogerDuke. I am a 46 year old Dukes fan from Pennsylvania. Despite the fact that I am otherwise a pretty intelligent guy, my computer skills are pretty bad. Yesterday was the first time I have attempted to do anything with a computer besides e-mail and since I am such a Dukes fanatic, I discoved this website (with a little help). You are the first person I've "talked" to. I saw your question about the "Enos" series and I have wondered the same thing so let me know if you get any info about that. It's nice to know that somebody else liked Enos enough to be wondering about his series. Enos and Uncle Jesse are my two favorite characters. I talked to Sonny twice on the phone but never met him. I'm met Ben Jones and Tom Wopat in person though. Once I've figured out how to navigate this website, I'm going to love it. The people of Hazzard County have always felt like family to me and now it's cool knowing I will meet others who feel the same way. Roger

Did you talk to Sonny twice on telephone???? WOW.

Enos is my fav character.

"Enos" was a good telefilm; I liked that (but I saw it many years ago). I remember that in an episode there was also Michelle Pfeiffer (at the beginning of her career) who played I don't remember what kind of character (maybe an actress to protect by a stalker, or maybe someone to arrest, but then Enos changed her mind and she became a "good girl"; :confused: I don't remember; but at the end she kissed Enos).

Every woman in Los Angeles liked Enos. :)

In the early 80s (I have the exact date written down at home) I saw a story in Sports Illustrated about the Valdosta Georgia high school football team. They had a picture of the sign entering town showing pride in their great team. The sign also said that Valdosta was the home of Sonny Shroyer so I sent him a fan letter (with the zip code but no address). In it, I included my phone number. A few days later...you guessed it. The next year I sent him a birthday card and got another call. Roger

• 3 years later...

That would be cool. I vaguely remember the show and recall when it was on watching a few episodes but sadly I don't remember much of anything about it. I remember being glad that he had written into his contract that if the show didn't run for a certain amount of time he could go back to the Dukes.

I recall seeing a show one time where the characters who played the Ropers on Three's Company were reluctant to leave Three's Company for their own series, but it was only written in that they could come back if the show didn't last a year. Much to their bad luck, it ran one and a half seasons, and Three's Company had hired Don Knotts (great actor so I mean no disrespect but I always preferred the episodes with the Ropers) and even though the show lasted barely past a year, they were not allowed to come back.