Dixie is now nameless

You'd never believe it! Look what those Meadow Muffins in Hollweird did!

Either they screwed up a paint job or they stripped Dixie of her name! Have a look! http://store.yahoo.com/ehobbies-com/amt38371.html

Now she's just "Daisy's Jeep", which I refuse to call her since Jessica Simpson is not and never will be Daisy! Oh, and the General's rebel flag liscense plate now just says 01. Damn Hollywimps. Scared of some nonexistant lawsuit. They show it on TV, what difference is there in having it in a movie?

That's odd. The Jeep in the movie is a silver Rubicon. Near as I can tell from all the spyreports we've seen over the last several months there's no decals on it at all (ie, the eagle or the Dixie name). Why don't they put out a kit of the actual Jeep she drives in the film, instead of repackaging the original Jeep, making a slight change and then promoting it with the new movie??? It's like putting out a kit for a white '69 Cadillac convertile and putting Burt Reynolds pic on the box. The Caddy Burt drives in the movie isn't the '69. Or the '78 Fury with MC Gainey.... or...

Hey. Ya know I just thought of something. Do we know what Jesse's driving in this movie? I'm assuming it's a Ford pick up truck but I hasten to guess. ROFL

I will laugh myself silly if that is a pic of the jeep she will be driving. The bloody thing has her name on it. It's almost saying "i'm too stuipd to find my car in the parking lot if there are a lot of jeeps so I have to put my name onit.

Oh lord.........

Hey "MaryAnne", I totally understand where you're coming from by questioning as to why ERTL/Racing Champions is simply re-packaging items that were previously released. If anything, I was hoping that we would have seen a variety of new and better detailed items debut as The Dukes of Hazzard movie's debut approaches. Instead, the only thing "new" that we've seen so far is the packaging featuring the new cast.

Maybe we should all petition ERTL/Racing Champions.

In regards to Daisy's Jeep in the new film, the only name they want you to see is "RUBICON".

GADuke01

Ya know guys the film makers here KNOW whats going on here.

they KNOW of these mistakes.

but i think it all comes down to being politically correct or some bull like that. :roll: to boot the confederate flag; thats a Very touchy subject but if you take away the flag from the roof you may as well colour the general blue! :roll: theres certian lines that really really shouldnt be crossed, and this is one of them. yes, i will buy the model kit of the jeep. and the general as well If they have a newer one out to add to my general lee collection. However when i do buy these model kits i will correct them with Proper decals (home made of course).

the dukes were hot hot hot back in "the day". and people of "colour" (so to speak with NO offence) Understood the reasoning behind the confederate symboling on the cars. its a marking of ones heritage. but dont forget - slavery was everywhere in north america back then! and yes, we do regret the things out great great great great grandpa's pulled off. as a Canadian myself i do know a fair amout of our heritage. and its not that different from the united states. and i do Know what happened 100 years ago. but also 100 plus years ago OUR countries were founded, medicines were discovered, etc. so please place Slavery aside for a second here. Tons of fantastic great discoveries and achivements happened back then that changed the world, forever. if it werent for these events & happenings i probably wouldnt be in front of this computer right now because it wouldnt exist. yes racism does still exist but just to those (small amount in north america) who dont understand other people and have poor social skills (i could insult further, really -i could! :roll: ).

Anyways...

If your from the southern states place that confederate licence plate on, show the love for your country and its heritage. the confederate flag doesnt represent Slavery & Racism. it stands for a Country that once stood built by many many wise people that founded the very ground your standing on. and if people are offended by the confederate flag there IGNORANT! Very Ignorant. the south wasnt about hating people of colour and origin. it was about freedom & opportunity as todays red maple leaf and 50 stars & a few stripes (just 2 examples). So if you hate the confederate flag - why not burn the stars & stripes? burn the red maple leaf while your at it. go for it. if you hate the confederate flag so much your Obvoiusly living in the Wrong country! move to Sweden, Scotland, Japan, Where ever! the confederate flag is one of Many symbols that marks the foundation of a great chunk of land we like to call Home.

anyways guys my little rant is done here. Now if any of you disagree on my statement above i can Completely understand. but it was based on fact, not so much opinion.

im gone.

-Brad

I will laugh myself silly if that is a pic of the jeep she will be driving. The bloody thing has her name on it. It's almost saying "i'm too stuipd to find my car in the parking lot if there are a lot of jeeps so I have to put my name onit.

Oh lord.........

That's nothing, her real car has her name and photo on it so she can tell!

LOL, j/k.

The original model from the series said Daisy's Jeep CJ on the box and has Daisy written on the hood of the Jeep, so that is not a movie thing here. Here is a link to that kit for sale on ebay for anyone who doubts me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20908&item=5979032940&rd=1

The "new" kit is just the same kit from 25 yrs ago repackaged for the movie. Agreed that is cheap, but they didn't change it. The "new" General Lee kit has the flag on the top just like the original according to the picture on the box. Again it looks like a repackaged version of the original.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1192&item=5979833054&rd=1

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

ya know, IF they think the opposite do what i did, print out a sh*tload of 8x10 papers and on them place what the flag Really stands for. keep those papers under your seat and when someone disagrees with you using the plate give them the paper and ask them to read it first. i had it on my 77 mustang for a while but then i soon just put the old 78 licence plate back on (just a matter of what looks better) for a change. as a canadian it is weird for me to have a confed flag plate on my car, its Very weird. BUT... i understand its meaning. and without the US back then many freedoms that we have today may not exist as such in Both countries. not to mention the Largest unprotected international border in the world!

im gone.

-Brad

ya know, IF they think the opposite do what i did, print out a sh*tload of 8x10 papers and on them place what the flag Really stands for. keep those papers under your seat and when someone disagrees with you using the plate give them the paper and ask them to read it first. i had it on my 77 mustang for a while but then i soon just put the old 78 licence plate back on (just a matter of what looks better) for a change. as a canadian it is weird for me to have a confed flag plate on my car, its Very weird. BUT... i understand its meaning. and without the US back then many freedoms that we have today may not exist as such in Both countries. not to mention the Largest unprotected international border in the world!

im gone.

-Brad