SEASON THREE DVD QUESTION

Greetings from Hazzard Tn.

I'm planning to buy my copy of Season three @ Dukesfest, provided if Cooter's Place or somebody sells them out there. Now there is something I have to know and if anybody can respond before Friday, I would be most grateful.

CARNIVAL OF THRILLS:

Is this episode in its original 2 hour movie format, or is the episode in its daily syndicated 2 parter format?

The answer to this question will help me know what to expect when I view the episode, plus it will give me an idea of what they will do with the 10 Million Dollar Sheriff in the season four boxset.

Thanks and Cheers.

Will Rodgers

The Voice Man

Man that really sucks. I hate the 2 part version. I wish WB would consider releasing Carnival of Thrills and 10 Million Dollar Sheriff in their original feature length versions. If that's how it is on your set, then that is how WB officially released it.

Then again, Starsky & Hutch had some 2 hour episodes that were released only in 2 part form as well. So I guess it's no surprise.

Thanks for the information. I'm really grateful and now I know what to expect.

Cheers.

Will Rodgers

The Voice Man

Hey, Will.

Good to see you posting stuff on here. This is your ol' buddy Keith. We first met at the 2nd Dukes Fan Club convention in Georgia. I know what you mean about the "Carnival of Thrills" episode. I feel your frustration. That is one of the best episodes of the series and I hate the way Warner Bros. breaks up the episode from its original format. However, I do have a copy of it in the movie format. It's the originial airing from September 16, 1980 on CBS. But it's not the best quality of course because it's 25 years old. For anyone who hasn't seen the episode the way it was meant to be seen, there are at least 3 little extended scenes that were cut from the two-parter.

I've never seen "10 Million Dollar Sheriff" in its movie format, so I can't say if there was anything cut from it. But Warner really should re-release these two episodes in their feature-length versions, maybe as separate DVD releases or something. That would be cool, but I don't know if it will happen.

Anyway, keep it between the ditches everybody!

-Keith