Coy and Vance

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay everyone, it took me long enough to find this post. Now, I can hear people groaning, because if you know me, you know that I am totally against everything on the 5th season with Coy and Vance.

While everyone had some valid points about Byron and Chris, and how they were stuck in a bad situation, there could be another side to this. It could be that they knew going in that it would be tough, and I'm sure that they knew that they were there to replace Tom and John, since I think on one of the dvd credits that John recommended Byron for a role in the Dukes. I think that they knew it would be hard, and could they possibly have done it as a quick way to rise to fame? Maybe it back fired on them? I know, I know, I can hear people yelling at me "You're awful!" But, one can't help but think of that.

Now, I have watched all of the shows on season 5 with Coy and Vance, and will no longer watch them anymore. Just turning on a show with them and seeing there faces on the credits instead of Bo and Luke sends me into tears!

Well, that's just my two cents.....

Laura Duke:D

Alrighty...

You're right, Laura, I am groaning... I know you well enough to know that anything you have to say about Coy and Vance is likely to send you into tears!!

:cry: (that's how you look when you see the opening credits with Coy and Vance, right?!)

Anyways, on to the discussion at hand- I am sure that they knew they were going to "replace" someone. Coy and Vance aren't really replacements, though, are they? If the creators wanted to replace Bo and Luke couldn't they have just as Easily found better look-alikes and given the new actors the characters of Bo and Luke? They didn't do that, I think they got one blonde and one dark haired guy with similar "Bo and Luke personalities" just to give the viewers a sense of familiarity so these new "strangers" didn't seem so strange and unknown to us. Who knows, maybe I'm way off base there. But I'm not sure that was the intent to make the new characters Just like Bo and Luke, I think it was more so the viewers could sense some familiar personalities and feel more "at home" with the whole change, as drastic as it was...

Quick Rise to fame?!?! If that is what they thought, then I am not sure that they have the brilliant minds of a Duke :D IF (and I did say if) that was the case, I guess we all blew that one down the drain. Instead of fame they got something more like this... :mad: whenever their names appeared in the credits!

OH, and just so I don't disappoint you, Laura, "YOU'RE AWEFUL!!!" :)

No, just kidding there, bad joke! Thanks for your opinions, and keep them rollin' it is always a pleasure to read all of the thoughts and opinions of so many different people, esspecially when they handle themselves so gracefully like y'all have done!

General Grant

I get sick and tired of hearing people put Bryon and Chris down.

All they did was try to feel a gap the Tom and John created.

It is not there fault that the writers made them into clones of

Tom and John. They just did what the producers and writers told

them to do. If it wasn't for Bryon and Chris stepping in for Tom and John

the Duke could have been ended before begin of the 5th season.

All those who put them down have you ever met them? My guess is no.

Because If you had then you would know that they are the sweetest,

most down to earth guys you will ever met.

Did anyone think that the reason they weren't on the reunion movie was cuz no asked them.

I'm sorry to say but I have never seen people act so stupid about something as this. They

should Thank them for stepping in when Tom and John got so greedy. That all Tom and John thought about was the money!!!

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for responding-I was beginning to think I ruffled some feathers by my post-most definately not the case!

Well, I feel that Coy and Vance were set in as replacements for Bo and Luke. I also thought that on one of the DVD credits, Guy Waldron (the creator), also mentioned that they were there to try and "replace" Bo and Luke. In my mind, Coy and Vance did too many things like Bo and Luke. The only people who should drive the General Lee is Bo, Luke, Daisy, Uncle Jesse, and Me!;) Well, I'm kidding about me, but I sure wish I could!:lol:

I think anytime someone is brought in as replacements, they are destined to fail, sorry to say. To me, it's like they are replacing my family!

Also, I do hear a lot of people say that they think the show would have ended if Coy and Vance weren't on. I disagree with that. A lot of people loved Daisy, Uncle Jesse, and the whole cast enough that I think they would have waited it out. Besides, even with Coy and Vance, ratings were already beginning to dramatically fall.

As for Byron and Chris, I can say you are 100% correct that I have never met them. In all honesty, my first instinct would be not wanting to meet them-just for the simple fact that they played Coy and Vance. But, I'm sure that once I did meet them, they probably are the nicest guys. I wish them well in all they do, and I hope that they have been acting since the Dukes. I just totally dislike them for the Dukes.

All of you may think I'm stupid, and, sadly, that's something I'll have to live with. But, that's the way I feel. Just being open and honest with my feelings on the subject. Like I said, I have NOTHING against Byron and Chris personally, but I totally dislike Coy and Vance. I do with Byron and Chris all the luck in the world.

Thanks for listening!

Laura Duke:D

Okay, I'm going to chime in here again!

First off, kit, I don't know if people are putting down Byron and Chris so much as they are just giving their thoughts about Coy and Vance. I, personally, cannot blame people for not liking Coy and Vance, I understand what they are saying. I personally think they were okay on the show.

And Laura, you are most certainly entitled to your opinion, as is kit, and I respect you for stating it in such a respectful way.

The characters Coy and Vance stepped in so Bo and Luke could fulfill their dreams. But the people, Byron and Chris, I don't think are the ones on the discussion. Does that make any sense? (sometimes I know what I'm trying to say but it doesn't come out to make sense!)

I, also, have not met Byron and Chris, so I don't know what kind of people they are, but I am not in this discussion to judge them. If it ever sounded like that, I apologize. I'm here because I'm discussing Coy and Vance. They (coy and vance) are fictional characters (as much as I hate to say that!) and Byron and Chris are real people. I think maybe sometimes we could possibly take Coy and Vance as reality? I think that we as fans and they (the writers/creators) should have portrayed more "duke like actions" with the whole circumstance. We should have taken Uncle Jesse's path and accepted them ( this is solely my opinion) but even Uncle Jesse or Daisy (I don't remember which) said that Coy and Vance wouldn't be the same as Bo and Luke. (I think) I don't think that anyone is acting stupid about this, or that anyone is being judging to putting them down. This discussion started out about which character (coy or vance) you liked better. Some people simply stated that they didn't like either, they liked Bo and Luke. To all of you who stated that, it is your right to say, and your opinion. I thank you for saying it with the respect you showed. No one should be getting put down for their opinions IF they say them in a respectful tone. Isn't that putting into practice what 7 (glorious) years of the Dukes tried to utilize. I don't recollect the Dukes being rude to someone for not sharing thier opinion, and neither should we. Not that we should do everything that the Dukes do...like blow up outhouses and the like!! I don't think we should put Tom and John down (and if I have done that I aplogize, that wasn't my intent, and looking back I can see that I maybe did that, I apologize for that. How do we know that Tom and John got greedy? Well, at any rate, I hope that everyone learned something from the whole Coy and Vance charade. And I think that Coy and Vance, by the end of the season, were beginning to develop personalitites, as small as they were!

And to answer a comment you made, Laura, no, I don't think you are stupid.

Anyway, y'all keep them opinions and thoughts rollin'!

General Grant

Okay, I'm going to chime in here again!

First off, kit, I don't know if people are putting down Byron and Chris so much as they are just giving their thoughts about Coy and Vance. I, personally, cannot blame people for not liking Coy and Vance, I understand what they are saying. I personally think they were okay on the show.

And Laura, you are most certainly entitled to your opinion, as is kit, and I respect you for stating it in such a respectful way.

The characters Coy and Vance stepped in so Bo and Luke could fulfill their dreams. But the people, Byron and Chris, I don't think are the ones on the discussion. Does that make any sense? (sometimes I know what I'm trying to say but it doesn't come out to make sense!)

I, also, have not met Byron and Chris, so I don't know what kind of people they are, but I am not in this discussion to judge them. If it ever sounded like that, I apologize. I'm here because I'm discussing Coy and Vance. They (coy and vance) are fictional characters (as much as I hate to say that!) and Byron and Chris are real people. I think maybe sometimes we could possibly take Coy and Vance as reality? I think that we as fans and they (the writers/creators) should have portrayed more "duke like actions" with the whole circumstance. We should have taken Uncle Jesse's path and accepted them ( this is solely my opinion) but even Uncle Jesse or Daisy (I don't remember which) said that Coy and Vance wouldn't be the same as Bo and Luke. (I think) I don't think that anyone is acting stupid about this, or that anyone is being judging to putting them down. This discussion started out about which character (coy or vance) you liked better. Some people simply stated that they didn't like either, they liked Bo and Luke. To all of you who stated that, it is your right to say, and your opinion. I thank you for saying it with the respect you showed. No one should be getting put down for their opinions IF they say them in a respectful tone. Isn't that putting into practice what 7 (glorious) years of the Dukes tried to utilize. I don't recollect the Dukes being rude to someone for not sharing thier opinion, and neither should we. Not that we should do everything that the Dukes do...like blow up outhouses and the like!! I don't think we should put Tom and John down (and if I have done that I aplogize, that wasn't my intent, and looking back I can see that I maybe did that, I apologize for that. How do we know that Tom and John got greedy? Well, at any rate, I hope that everyone learned something from the whole Coy and Vance charade. And I think that Coy and Vance, by the end of the season, were beginning to develop personalitites, as small as they were!

And to answer a comment you made, Laura, no, I don't think you are stupid.

Anyway, y'all keep them opinions and thoughts rollin'!

General Grant

Personally I think the Vance was the cuter one and Coy was just average myself. But they did somethings in the fifth season that Bo and Luke never did and their stunts seemed to almost push the edge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Coy and Vance were just doing what any actor who has the opportunity to be on a hit TV show would have done. they took the job they did not take john or tom's job, they were pawns of Warner bros. to cohere john and tom to come back to the show. it so happens that john and tom had a legit beef with warner bros. they were getting cheated in money due them on merchandising. as we all were. coy and Vance were brought on the show not to replace them that is impossible anyway but were brought on to make john and tom give into to warner' bros. demands. it was hard for the new guys as the fans resented their dressing and acting like john and tom they were just reading the scripts that were originally written for tom and john it was not their choice to change the charterers. I hope fans understand coy and Vance were pawns and needed the work. who can blame them i sure don't. Rosco

Happy Birthday Chris!!!!

I think that so cool that we get to hear from one of the cast members there thoughts on Byron and Chris. I think it's not fair to Byron and Chris and that there dogged so bad. Byron is the coolest. He doesn't treat fan like a fan. He treat's you like a long lost friend. I think it stinks what WB did.

• 1 month later...
Well Julie, April isn't the only month with two birthdays.

Cletus (Jan 1) and Boss (Jan 4)

Daisy (March 1) and Lulu (March 31)

Enos (Aug 28) and Cooter (Aug 30)

There's a big gap at the end of the year. Nobody has a birthday in October, November and December.

I wonder who pulled more pranks then Peggy or John then there a day apart in birthdays.

• 2 months later...

Almost got Daisy killed??? Now, I personally haven't sat down to watch a coy and vance episode, due to the time and all, but...I wouldn't think they would ever let her get into a situation like that. That just doesn't seem right to me. Bo, Luke, and Daisy doesn't hang out with them more because they left the farm to take care of a sick relative (If i remember correctly) and that relative might need to be taken care of 24/7... not giving them any time to do anything or hang out with anyone.

okay I know we're talking about birhdays here, but i have a question about Coy and Vance. Can somebody tell me a bit about them. Like why don't Bo Luke and Daisy hang with them more and is it true that the two of them almost got Daisy killed once? Just been bugging me lately so i had to ask.

no sorry, they didnt, im sorry i put that in a story of ours cause i thought it would be a good twist

oh. okay. like i said you are good with those. So what really is the deal between those two. I mean since they are cousins they sure don't have much to do with eachother. you know Daisy Bo and Luke don't have much to do with them . . .unless that's my imagination just want some information on them.

in the show, Daisy got along with Coy and Vance just like she got along with Bo and Luke,like i said, i put that in there for a twist

oh. okay. like i said you are good with those. So what really is the deal between those two. I mean since they are cousins they sure don't have much to do with eachother. you know Daisy Bo and Luke don't have much to do with them . . .unless that's my imagination just want some information on them.

And thank you very much Roger for clearing that up for me. And Elly May, it's like I said in my previous post, the reason why they never spend any time with one another or the fact that they dont have much to with their other two cousins is because of coy and vance leaving to take care of their sick family members. So, they have a full time job on their hands with that, hence not leaving them enough time for themselves.