Coy and Vance

Coy was the better actor, but Vance was the better looking one. Course no one could be Luke and Bo. They should have been allowed to be their own character, maybe there might not have been so much resentment from the fans. If they were just there to look after the farm while our guys were away, it might have went better. I wonder how many people actually did a happy dance when they saw Coy and Vance drive away, off the show for good.:)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I've just started to see season 5; well, not so bad.

Don't like Vance, he's not "natural", Coy is quite good; he seems better in fighting scene than Vance (for one time the blond is better than the dark), but Daisy seems better of them both!

But, well the hell of names are Coy and Vance?

• 1 month later...

well heres the thing no, they aint Bo and Luke, but hey there still Dukes! i honeslty have nothing against them. yes they try to be like Bo and Luke and no they can't be as good as them. but honestly they aint bad actors, ill probably pay fer saying this but i see nothing wrong with these episodes, i mean yea i love luke and bo and no one can replace them, but i actually do like Coy and Vance. I thought that the first couple of episodes that they wouldn't be any good, but once i give em' a try they aint bad. Heck ya gotta give em some credit fer tryin to be like Bo and Luke,at least they tried and didn't make complete idiots of them selfs, sometimes lol. i do disagree with the fact that in one episode they had taken a detour from the bridge instead of jumping it like Bo and Luke wouldve but like i said, hey there dukes! they're still as kind hearted and hardheaded as Bo and Luke, but all in all im glad that Bo and Luke came back lol. point is Coy and Vance episodes are pretty cool once you get use to em. out of the two id choose Vance, hes the better looking one lol. and before ya'll get on here and start sayin i aint a true dukes fan or sumthin like that, yes i am. no i have not been watching ti as long as some of you have but i do love the dukes and no one can replace Bo and Luke. but alls im sayin is Coy and Vance is only human it aint their faults they cant be as good as john or tom. like i said please no one get mad at me for making my point known im a little biased when it comes to things like this lol.

by the way, I LOVE BO AND LUKE MORE!!!!! lol

Well put, luke fan07. I like your positive attitude. If you check out some of BoJamesDuke's old posts, you will see that same good attitude about everything from the original series. Shoot, Bo even had me loving "Strange Visitor to Hazzard" after that good attitude rubbed off on me. You're a great addition to the Hazzardnet...keep up the good work. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

*blushes*

Well thanks very much :) Sorry I cant say anything good about Coy and Vance, they may be just as sweet and everything but being an actor they are just too wooden for me and their on screen chemistary just aint the same. They ain't warm enough for me (yes I have watched one episode) to really get into.

Anyway Roger, I see good things in everything about Dukes mainly because they're like a family today and I think the reason I am so open minded is because of the Dukes. I can see no reason to slate the entertainment they gave us to be honest so I just speak my mind...something I learned from Daisy lol.

now i will say that they shouldve have been told to be their own unigue character and not try to copy and do everything exactly like Bo and Luke. they shouldve had their own unique character, i personally think that maybe the Coy and Vance episodes wouldve been better, because every duke has a certain quality about them. like Bo, the go getter, and Luke the thinker, uncle jesse the wise one and daisy, i guess you could say she has a mix of all, maybe. Coy and Vnace shouldve had their own uniquness about them and not try to be like bo or luke, but i do understand that they were told to do everything exaclty like them so the keyword here being uniquness, if i spelt that right lol.

i know im like a broken record, i repeat lol.

• 11 months later...
Guest LucasKevinDuke

woah, I know im really late on this one but im going to have to say both lol.I dont hate them, idwatch a coy and vance episode. I think pe who boycott the Coy and Vance episodes just hate to see change. because if Coy and Vance were the original Duke cousins everyone would love them but hathe bo and luke episodes.

catch my drift?

I tell you what LucasKevinDuke, I'm impressed.

My brain's going a mile a minute now imagining that scenerio.

I'm so impressed with your open-minded creative thinking I don't even know how to respond. It's not too often someone leaves me speechless.

I hope you're not just one of these people who puts up a few posts and then goes away forever. You're clever thoughts could really spice this place up. (not that we need it. LOL)

After giving it some thought, here's my opinion about LucasKevinDuke's clever idea of Bo and Luke reversing roles with Coy and Vance.

The Dukes was such a successful show and it was so well created, written and executed, it could have handled a couple weak links in the chain and still have been a hit. I do think that the lower quality acting abilities of Byron and Christopher would have drug the ratings down to a degree but I still think it would have succeeded. The key to the long term success would have been how well Byron and Christopher matured as actors. I'm not sure how much acting experience they had before coming on Dukes but John and Tom started episode number one making me believe they'd been in the business as long as the shows veterans. They were that good!!

Bottom line...the ratings would have been lower, less people would have watched and it wouldn't have lasted 7 years unless the acting improved.

As for me, I would have been just as big of a fan as I am today despite it all.

I'm a Dukes fan for life!!!!

Okay Y'all, here goes...

I do agree with Lori that Coy and Vance are still Dukes. We should give them a fair shot, afterall, Dukes don't fight Dukes. If it weren't for Coy and Vance coming in, Bo and Luke would be unhappy because they would not have been given the chance to fulfill their life long dream of joining the Nascar circuit. I think we owe it to Coy and Vance the same respect we give to Bo and Luke. Sure, it just isn't the same as having Bo and Luke, but even Uncle Jesse (who raised Bo and Luke from toddlers) accepted their leaving and Coy and Vance's temporary takeover of Hazzard.

In a different light... Tom and John (if I am right on this) walked out on the "Dukes project" because of a contract argument and miscommunications, right? Well, if it weren't for Byron and Chris, the Dukes probably would not have lasted those extra three seasons to make seven, all in all. I think we owe Chris and Byron a huge thank you for that. They were put in a bad situation. It should have been handled better by the writers/creators of the Dukes to give those two their own characters and personalities to follow. But, they did the best with what they had and that is all anyone can do. I actually think they did pretty good for the parts they had to play and the situation they were put in.

Very good, LukasKevinDuke. I really like that perspective you put on this whole thing!

Anyways, to answer the original question. I think that Coy had more of a beliveable personality, and that Byron was a better actor.

I think that is it for now. Hope to hear some more opinions about all this!

General Grant

Guest LucasKevinDuke

you're right General.

Also put your selves in their shoes, how would you guys feel if you were actors and you were them and got the part of Coy and vance and you hear everyone bad talking you ? won't you feel bad or even hurt?

Guest LucasKevinDuke

and Roger, they might have been bad actors but isnt acting 1%talent and 99% har work? 12 hours aday yould give you the experience and classes would haelp them improve alot

I always felt bad for Coy and Vance. They probably suffered from the same thing that a new step-parent has to suffer from. A lot of step-parents have to hear all the time "You're not my real parent". If the story has a happy ending the parent and child eventually become close but it takes time.

Unfortunately, Coy and Vance never had time to shed the "you're not Bo and Luke" stigma so we'll never know how it would have turned out.

By the time Coy and Vance came around, I was so much in love with the show and it was so much a part of my life, they could have replaced Bo and Luke with a porcupine and a snapping turtle and it wouldn't have mattered to me. I was hooked for life.

(They would have had to give the porcupine and snapping turtle a booster seat to drive the General though)

I agree with ya there Roger, that's true. Poor Coy and Vance didn't even stand a chance where everyone got use to seeing Bo and Luke each day. And when two new faces came on, they tuned them out and it wasn't fair to Bryon and Chris. But, really though Roger, I never compared it to a "new-step parent" before, but now see the similarity between the two.

Very Good Comparison, Roger!

I have never thought of it that way, about the step-parent comparison! Brilliant comparison!

Anyway, as bad as I did feel for Coy and Vance, and as much as I do think they deserve our respect and all, I'll be the first to admit that I was glad when Bo and Luke did decide to come back. It would have been nice if they could have given Coy and Vance a little nicer "send off" though. It was almost like, Bo and Luke leave, Coy and Vance come and put their lives aside to help the Dukes, Coy and Vance leave abruptly because Hazzard isn't big enough for the four cousins even for one show. (not to sound rude there...) It would have been nice if Coy and Vance at least came back on occasion, just so it didn't seem like we abandoned them.

Anyway, thanks y'all for the opinions.

General Grant

Very Good Comparison, Roger!

I have never thought of it that way, about the step-parent comparison! Brilliant comparison!

Anyway, as bad as I did feel for Coy and Vance, and as much as I do think they deserve our respect and all, I'll be the first to admit that I was glad when Bo and Luke did decide to come back. It would have been nice if they could have given Coy and Vance a little nicer "send off" though. It was almost like, Bo and Luke leave, Coy and Vance come and put their lives aside to help the Dukes, Coy and Vance leave abruptly because Hazzard isn't big enough for the four cousins even for one show. (not to sound rude there...) It would have been nice if Coy and Vance at least came back on occasion, just so it didn't seem like we abandoned them.

Anyway, thanks y'all for the opinions.

General Grant

They weren't even mentioned in the Reunion Movies or any of the Big Screen Movies as well. I think people just up and forget about old Coy and Vance, I thought Vance was the cuter one or the two and one them guest starred on Baywatch playing himself.