Additional Dukes DVD release with movie footage

Hey, gang.

Has anyone heard anything else about the additional Dukes DVD release that was supposed to be out today? It was supposed to be just a single disc with only the first episode "One Armed Bandits", but it was also supposed to have a behind-the-scenes look at the new movie, which is the only reason I'm interested in the DVD since I already have the first episode in the first season set.

Anyone know what the deal is on this? Is it in stores today along with season three?

-Keith

It's a Wal-Mart exclusive DVD. I found mine at my local Wal-Mart. Make sure you're checking your Season 3 DVD Box Sets. Some don't come with the movie ticket. It might be because this box set was supposed to come out the week before the movie was originally slated. Check the dates on the tickets if you get one with your Season 3 Box Set.

The bonus footage on the Walmart exclusive pilot episode, was a sneak peek at the movie. It was interestin'.

As for the The Dukes of Hazzard - Television Favorites, the 9.97 one with an episode from each of the first three seasons mentioned in this article http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3257

I didn't find it at any major retailer, anyone have better luck?

Daney

The bonus footage on the Walmart exclusive pilot episode, was a sneak peek at the movie. It was interestin'.

As for the The Dukes of Hazzard - Television Favorites, the 9.97 one with an episode from each of the first three seasons mentioned in this article http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3257

I didn't find it at any major retailer, anyone have better luck?

Daney

Yeah, 10 minutes of footage behind the scenes of the new Dukes theatrical movie. I wonder if that was also shown on the E! channel Summer movie preview?

Well, I managed to get a copy of the pilot episode DVD with the new movie footage at Wal-Mart. I gotta say, it was worth the three bucks for the behind-the-scenes look at the movie. This is the most extensive coverage of the movie so far, and I'd definitely recommend that anyone who can get their hands on this DVD, buy it! Luckily the Wal-Mart closest to me had plenty of copies, but it looks like some people on here are having a little trouble finding them. If all else fails, I'd suggest getting on wal-mart.com and trying to find it there, maybe order it.

Those of you who might still be skeptical about the movie, even after seeing the trailer and TV spots, check out this DVD and see if it changes your mind a little. I'm getting more hyped every day about seeing the movie! Even though it's not going to be the same ol' Dukes we all know and love, the movie looks like it's gonna be great on its own merits. But based on what I saw on the DVD, it seems like in many ways they really have tried to capture the feel of the series, especially with the car stuff, holy cow! LOL That's gonna be awesome in itself. Well anyway, that's enough rantin' and ravin' for now. Keep it between the ditches, y'all! Yeeeeee-Haaa!!!

-Keith

Bought a copy of the $3 DVD last night at Walmart and the 10 - 12 minutes of behind the scenes footage is outstanding.... No shots of the racing scenes... although I did see Boss Hogg's Mustang racecar & driver... And, Willie is the balladeer... This will be one kick-butt movie...

Alright now.......I am even more excited about the movie more than ever.

Damn, if seeing the General and SWS and Johnny Knoxville as Bo & Luke still has alot of you in an uproar, I don't think you will be disappointed at all with the stuff on this DVD. From the short inteviews and footage, they all talked about the "Spirit" of the original. I am not saying they nailed down the parts because I haven't seen the movie yet, but from the available stuff I am more than happy. Especially Willie Nelson when he sings the theme song- Good Ol' Boys.......

I suggest to everyone to get to Wal-Mart and pluck down the $3.00(with tax) for this. It might change a lot of peoples views on what they expect. I still have the feeling that the movie will be in with the SPIRIT of the original.

Darrell

I dont have 3 dollars... spent all I had on the season 3 WHICH by the way is defective!! Got to take it back and get another. Mine did have the movie ticket. I will make sure I get one with a movie ticket INCASE I do decide to see the movie. I hate, HATE Johnny and Sean as Bo and Luke. Paul Walker should have played Bo.

ANyone here see Fast and The Furious 2? Movie sucked, but there is a scene where Paul's character jumps the dock over the lake onto a boat, and he has not a Yeeehaaaw! But something near it. I mean PERFECT! Thats who should have been Bo.

went to Wal-mart and got mine there was alot of copys mine did come with a movie ticket but i will be out of town that week :( so i'll have to want all thought i wont get to see it in town they tour down my movie house to build an Applebees :evil: dont get me wroge i like Applebees but if i had the chose as you can tell from the Icon it would have been the movie house because i could have watched this movie un sunday for only 1:50 oh well :roll: on a side note we did get to see Cooter but i didn't get why they where hiting each other in the head with a phone book after Bo trashed the first car i guess i'll just have to want for the movie

Ok got me 3 dollars. Went to Walmart, at frist couldnt find it, but I did. It was behind one of the glass sections for $2.88

Didnt know if I should get it. Didnt know how long the preview was. Or if it would be worth it. Well I just saw it. It was too short.

However I did get to see more of the scene where they blow up the barn. It looked like a better scene then the way its portrayed in the preview.

I am 100% sure that Burt as Boss, was a BAD MOVE. He is not Boss like whatsoever.

I dont like Willie as Uncle Jesse, I guess ita cause no one can really be Uncle Jesse in my eyes.

Someone mentioned in one of the threads about Jessica's accent being messed up. I dont like it either.

Rosco in my opinion just like Boss was horribly casted.

I want to see who Cooter is too. If they dont have Cooter, they are nuts.

I still dont like Johnny and Sean as Luke and Bo. BUT this sneak peek has me willing to say, I might give it more of shot. But still Boss, and Rosco are casted wrong.

Paul Walker as Bo is much much better casting for Bo.

EDITED TO ADD: Unless the guy we see when they blow up the barn that says, "I think you might have used to much," is Cooter.

I personally liked F&F2 better than than the 1st...but anyways back to the more imporant stuff....

I got the DVD yesterday at my local wally-world and the movie while not looking as interesting as the show was still looks to be a good one.

On the note about not getting Tickets: I got 2 movie tickets in my DVD set, has anyone else experienced this?