Download Dukes trailer???

Does anyone have a link to download the movie trailer?

I saw Recoil's post in the other thread for a link, but that is in Quicktime. I would like to download it in Windows Media so I can get the FullScreen . If anyone can provide a link or anything else like a torrent link , I would appreciate it.

Darrell

A new company bought the theater out and is making the upgrades. It is the one you are thinking about, and yes it would be AWESOME to see it at Badin. The drive in has also had some upgrades since it was sold a couple of years ago too. The guy that bought it is from Rockingham County and runs the drive in there. I went there for years before moving to Stanly Co.

Does anyone have a link to download the movie trailer?

I saw Recoil's post in the other thread for a link, but that is in Quicktime. I would like to download it in Windows Media so I can get the FullScreen . If anyone can provide a link or anything else like a torrent link , I would appreciate it.

Darrell

What do you mean by "fullscreen"? Are you talking about aspect ratio (1.33:1) or do you just mean the ability of the media player to stretch the clip to fill the screen and make the media player's GUI disappear? If you are looking for a clip in the "fullscreen" aspect ratio (1.33:1) I doubt you will find one, since the movie is shot in a "widescreen" aspect ratio (2.35:1 in this case).

If you just want the ability to click somewhere on your media player to get "fullscreen" (i.e. stretch the video clip to fill the screen and make the media player's GUI disappear); just play the QuickTime file in a media player that supports this. QuickTime is rather proprietary but you can get around that. I don't even have the official QuickTime software on my computer. I use QuickTime Alternative which allows you to play QT files in most any media player, including Windows Media Player (check off the option during the install to make Windows Media Player the default player for QuickTime files). Also, uninstall the official QuickTime player before you install QuickTime Alternative.

I hate proprietary BS; I haven't used the "official" QuickTime or RealMedia players for .MOV and .RAM files for years (there is a Real Alternative as well, which does the same thing as QuickTime Alternative except it does it for RealPlayer files such as .RAM).

If you are dead set on getting the file in WMV format, find a place where you can stream it in that format and post the link. I can then check to see if it can be downloaded directly to your hard drive.

BTW, that 32 MB QuickTime file that I posted a link to in the other thread is as high of a resolution and as good of picture and audio quality as you are likely to find anywhere, regardless of file format; for that particular trailer or any other trailer on the internet.

Dang Recoil you got too techinal on me . I didn't need a lesson in what to do, I just wanted the Windows Media version that was on Yahoo since Yahoo had both Quicktime and WM versions.

Recoil you reminded me of the Professor on Gilligan's Island . You know he always had a very techinal idea for just about everything.

I appreciate the info anyway, but a simple answer would have done. After all I am just a redneck around here. :lol:

Darell

I have the WMV dukes trailer on my CPU guys (read my links above you can download it from my server there) and as for Real Alternative, it rocks! as a codec freak myself i dont know how i missed that one! thanks for the link dude. ;)

im gone.

-Brad

I usually use either the Windows Media player or the DivX media player for WM files. Usually don't have much movie files on my comp so I am not famiialr with the others that were mentioned, QT Alternative and Real Alternative. Maybe if there was an all in one media player if would make things simpler..At least for me.

Now when it somes to music , I can really tell you a ton of stuff on what to use with what formats and such. But that will be another topic....

Later

Darrell

Dang Recoil you got too techinal on me . I didn't need a lesson in what to do, I just wanted the Windows Media version that was on Yahoo since Yahoo had both Quicktime and WM versions.

Which Yahoo page are you talking about? This one only has QuickTime files. Is there another Yahoo page that has the DoH trailer in WMV format? Find the one that you want to download to your hard drive and I'll see if I can get a direct download link for it.

BTW, if you uninstall the official Apple QuickTime software and install that QT Alternative codec, you can watch QuickTime movies in Windows Media Player the same as you can with WMV's. It isn't much trouble to do so, and it will save you the trouble of always having to find a WMV version of a trailer just to be able to view it in Windows Media Player. Same deal with the Real Alternative codec (I hate the official RealPlayer software).