General Lee World Record

cweb

I thought I heard Ben Jones make the comment that one of the General's jumps was a world record, or world record at the time. Does anyone know anymore on that? I know the General will be attempting a new world record in July, good luck!!

Thanks,

Chad

The world record that is mentioned is seen at the begining of every Dukes of Hazzard opening. It was done during the last episode of season 01. The Dukes jump this huge river trying to get away from someone (I can't remember right now). They had 3 different camera angles, including one camera bolted on to the passanger side of the car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Jumps are by catagory,dirt to aspalt,asphalt to dirt,dirt to dirt,ect. The jump at Dukesfest 2003 was a record from asphalt to dirt at 193 feet.The Styx river or Indian Dunes jump everyone is referring to was dirt to dirt and Al Wyatt(one of the stunt guys) told me that jump was around 230 feet not sure if it's a record or not but one of the longest of the show. Yes there are injuries that happen during jumps.Cory Eubanks can attest to this.

• 1 month later...

The record jump was in Happy birthday general lee. When Bo and luke look for a car for their engine so they can enter the race.

The black charger they found was invovled in a bank robery in atlanta,and was junked after the police caught the thieves. Little that Bo and luke knew that there was diamonds stashed in the dash.

When they had the charger all doone and painted as we no know it has the General Lee,Bo and luke went for a test run before the race. that is when the escape thieves were chasing them.

They had no where to go,so they jumped the creek,the General lee's first jump and longuest one at that. Actually it was more of a high jump more then a long jump.

They also jumped that creek when trying to help dale get out of hazzard too!

I cannot confirm whether the Styx river jump is indeed a record or not as a lot of you assume it is. Yes in Happy Birthday General Lee they show the Styx river jump as supposedly the first jump the General did. Now technically it was NOT the very first jump filmed. The first jump filmed is somewhat arguable. It is one of the 2 jumps in One Armed Bandits.I'm not sure which jump was technically first the one on Elm street or the one at Seney Hall where they jump over Rosco.

well if you look at it as it was the time Bo and Luke ever had the charger,it was indeed the very first jump.

Mya not have been the first jump of the first season,but I'm talking about them remembering the first time the General lee came to being, therefore making "Happy Birthday General Lee" , the episode the dukes ever made a jump!