LUKE DUKE: THUD TIME!

BCDR05

Well, I've just watched Luke Duke on The Dukes Of Hazzard dvd, season one, for the first time. Being in Australia, I had to order it from the U.S. and I've never seen the first episode. Sorry "Clayfreak": but I double-thudded" watching ONE ARMED BANDITS! Luke's so fine in it, it hurts! LOL! I've seen the first three episodes and the One Armed Bandits' commentary so far (give me time to watch the whole thing!) and Tom just sizzles in it. I can't understand why they changed his character into a serious one in the end, he was nasty, but GOOD, in the first few eps! And talk about sexy! I just LOVED his hair with that length on it :evil: YEE HAA!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yeah but if you had kept Luke so jolly and all fun loving, it wouldn't have shown his growth as a character because both boys, although with Bo it is debatable, grow up over the seasons and Luke takes on more and more the role of preparing to become the Duke patriarch after Jesse dies and without that, you'd have doubts about how well a job Luke could actually do. I love his jolly character and all, and you still see it in things like Christmas Dukes and when he's teasing Bo, but everyone unfortunatly grows up and like that progress in Dukes that you dont see so clearly in other tv shows anymore.

Luke still had a sense of humor in the last couple seasons, and still even poked at Bo once in a while... it was gentler though; gradually over the course of the show he grew more protective of both his cousins, just as Bo grew up a little too. Bo always was a kid at heart (still is!) but he could be quieter and more thoughtful later on too when the situation called for it. And Luke lost his sharpest edges to become a genuinely caring man... and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

• 2 months later...