'The Dukes of Hazzard' Theatrical Trailer

wLc

Even though it was very thrilling to see the General Lee back in action,this movie is gona flop flatter then panckakes that was broken all up while trying to flip it over the other side!

It's one thing to bring back hazzard county,but to make the duke familly total rebels and known as hard criminals is just not acceptable! They got jessica simpson acting like pamela anderson in barbwire,instead of acting the part of Daisy duke!

If there was such a thing as -10 on the scales of 1-10,take away the 1 and you get my -10 vote,you watch and see,this movie is gona have very bad ratings!

People who never seen the original Dukes of hazzard are gona see the dukes as offensive criminals and when they decide to buy the dvd's of the original duke,they're gona be highly dissappointed of the total difference between the original and the new movie!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I think fans the world over - and even some that have never been Dukes fans before - will see this movie just for the stunts. WB did not make the movie to appeal to the die hards. They made it to appeal to an audience that would have otherwise nevah went to a Dukes of Hazzard movie.

They figured us die hards would see it anyway, no matter what they did. This way, they double the box office take from the measily millions the existing fandom alone would have brought.

This thought occurred to me as I re-read about the new CMT VP of DOH. Despite original advertisements, they were never looking for a "dedicated fan" with "a passion for the Dukes of Hazzard." No, not at all. In fact, a CMT bigwig, James Hitchcock, was quoted in a CNN article as follows:

"More important than rabid fanaticism, (said Hitchcock,) was an ability to bring enjoyment and understanding of "Dukes" to those who were not, themselves, fans of the show."

In other words, not to represent the Dukes fandom that exists. Rather, to bring in those who ain't already fans, to the fold...and appealing to them by whatever means necessary. WB and CMT figure there's no ditching the original fans. What they want is a bigger audience. And they are willing to repackage the DOH image in order to get it.

Smarmy bastards.

Brian

Hey I'm new to these message Board i have been reading messages in here and i just have to say something.

I'm a True Blue Lifelong Dukes of Hazzard Fan.

But The Dukes of Hazzard Movie i think is a Disgrace to the Dukes.

Yes i agree with what some of you said about a new Generation being introduced to the Dukes. But this Movie is not the Dukes for one Daisy was not nor has she ever been a blonde.

two. The Dukes don't use Profanity.

three they don't go pick up sorrity Girls.

four They don't do and have never done drugs.

Five the orginal Tv show cast was not even consulted about the movie.

Burt as Boss Hogg come on since when is Boss Hogg skinny and Rosco Fat it was the other way around.

Willie Nelson as Uncle Jesse omg.

I know someone that meet him in person they said Willie stinks so bad and his hair is all greasey and dirty. Not Uncle Jesse sorry.

I always be loyal and True to the real Dukes.

I for one will not be seeing this Movie i consider it an outrage.

We Duke Fans deserve a better Movie then that.

tHE mOVIE pREVEIWS WERE BAD ENOUGH..

:x

Feels good to finally get that off my chest.

Hey I'm new to these message Board i have been reading messages in here and i just have to say something.

I'm a True Blue Lifelong Dukes of Hazzard Fan.

But The Dukes of Hazzard Movie i think is a Disgrace to the Dukes.

Yes i agree with what some of you said about a new Generation being introduced to the Dukes. But this Movie is not the Dukes for one Daisy was not nor has she ever been a blonde.

two. The Dukes don't use Profanity.

four They don't do and have never done drugs.

Five the orginal Tv show cast was not even consulted about the movie.

Burt as Boss Hogg come on since when is Boss Hogg skinny and Rosco Fat it was the other way around.

I know someone that meet him in person they said Willie stinks so bad and his hair is all greasey and dirty. Not Uncle Jesse sorry.

I always be loyal and True to the real Dukes.

I for one will not be seeing this Movie i consider it an outrage.

We Duke Fans deserve a better Movie then that.

tHE mOVIE pREVEIWS WERE BAD ENOUGH..

:x

Feels good to finally get that off my chest.

Sorority girl, farm girl, neighbor's daughter, what's the difference?

Jesse was a farmer, how good could he have smelled? He looked pretty nappy most of the time... :lol:

Sorority girl, farm girl, neighbor's daughter, what's the difference?

Jesse was a farmer, how good could he have smelled? He looked pretty nappy most of the time... :lol: