'The Dukes of Hazzard' Theatrical Trailer

wLc

1 Luke was a marine so i guess he learned it there

2 Nope that wasn't Rosco who walked in on Boss that was one of the bad guys

3 Sadly if Luke did learn this from his car maz after Bo blow up the out house he could'nt learn anymore

1. Ooops...Forgot Luke was in the Marines.

2. Well, SOMEBODY walked in on him.

3. I suppose...

:)

B.E.B.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boss was always a womanizer, remember the Play Pen and his lil pigglets or whatever... Back to the movie, I think its retarded they have this McGainy guy or whatever, who is like a tower of power as Roscoe... Roscoe was a twig for christs sake!

He wasn't portrayed as a womanizer for all 7 seasons, though. Point is, Boss Hogg and Roscoe may end up being more similar to the original characterization of their TV counterparts in those first few eps.

B.E.B.

And more about the womanizing, there are tonnes of eps were he womanizes, like Officer Daisy Duke, the things that he says about women in uniform! And then there is the ep when all the women take over the men's jobs and there are plenty of stereotypes and such that Boss brings up... Case in point, throughtout the whole series Boss never have much regard for women, just like in that ep when he's running against that woman for County executor or whatever....

Absolutely, there were episodes where Boss showed great affection for his wife. Episode "Lulu's Gone Away," for one.

But it's equally true that Boss talked down on Lulu in the early episodes. However, he also showered Rosco with insults throughout the series...yet when the chips were down, he showed a lot of mush for his erstwhile brother-in-law with badge.

Therefore, I'd say Boss's womanizing and complaining was just his exterior; deep down inside, he gave a rip but it took a lot to show it.

Of course the movie ain't gonna get into that kind of character depth - ya can only do so much in 90 minutes - so we'll see the "exterior" of the base persona, without the offsetting facets that the series allowed to develop.

Brian

You know this hole Bo with a beard thing after watching the American pie movies for the first time and there real not my cup of tea. i do thank Bo looks better in beard. Not that im nocking SWS but without a beard he looks odd well with it to. I could say it his ears but i would to say he has the biggest mouth i have every seen and i thank that is what makes him how shall i say it not very good looking or it could be the way he holds his face i dont know

.........."... Oh and those jump scenes are CLEARLY CGI, its just progressed to the point where most people can't tell... The jumps are similar to the climax one in the remake of Gone in 60 Seconds... You really can't blame them for the CGI, its not like there are thousands of Chargers lying around anymore... Oh and anyone else notice how the OLD crown vics are the ones used in stunts, love the producers!"..........

Okay, I had to reply! I gotta stick up for my boys. The ONLY CGI done as far as stunts go is small items to remove. Dummies were placed inside the cars during jumps to show driver/passenger placement but were later removed via computer and digital actors were put in. You won't be able to tell, even if you watch it over and over again. As far as the interstate jump being CGI...I won't argue it any but I will say wait till the DVD comes out. It's ALL real. It'll drop your jaw. And as far as old Crown Vics being the only sacrificial cars...trust me, many new models were trashed. One in particular had a huge hydraulic ram mounted lengthways inside the car to shoot it up into the air. I won't say what scene but look for a bow and arrow.

Scott......Thanks to your info that you have been giving us , I don't know what I am looking forward to most . The movie or the extras on the DVD. Either way I can't wait. Can't wait to see the General fly on the big screen and can't wait to crank it up on my Home Theater....

This will be a great summer and hopefully a great Christmas(if the movie gets released on DVD by then)

Darrell

Not that I've seen the movie or anything like that (...), but I think SWS did a very good job in the flick. Both Duke boys' accents seem to be authentic. Daisy's? Well, let's just say she's been up north somewhere too long. I don't see her in too many more Southern-style movies. Willie is the coolest...played the part very well. It's still Uncle Jesse, but with a newer approach. (don't worry, he did do it justice). Too many cast members for me to say here, but, you'll all have a good time.

I'm guessing that Led Zepplin shirt is because the producers couldn't find a yellow shirt. Or a blue plaid one for that matter. Maybe they were too doped up to notice that he stumbled out of his trailer out of wardrobe and they just started filming.

I personally think they were just trying to find an emblem of the seventies and Led Zeplin fit.

Although--I don't think that it really worked.

they could have used a plan blue shirt.

Dude you got it!

I think that would have suited the show MUCH MUCH more

Exactly.......It would have shown the true spirit of the Southerness and Simple Man aspect of the show...plus when you hear Skynyrd you think of the South in some way, like Sweet Home Alabama , Gimme Three Steps and all that great Souhtern Rock ....

Just a thought .....

Darrell

He had the South in the palm of his hand.

I tell you though, there were soooo many other shirts he could have worn that would have shown southern pride all the way.

I think that Led Zeplin was a chart topper back in those days.

I don't know, maybe they're trying to appeal to another part of the audience, ya think?

the director said the new duke boys dress like "normal" people (unlike the originals in his opinion) LOL. If they wore the same wordrobe it would just be a sign that there trying to impersinate the originals and thats not what there trying to do.

No, they are trying to re-invent the originals, commonly known as Coy-and-Vancing.

Because NO ONE wears plaid or yellow shirts in 2005. We all wear clothing with some kind of product placement.

They don't have to nessesarily need to wear the same clothes.

How many times have we seen someone around with a Led Zepplin shirt?

Me, I haven't seen too many people.

I think the biggest thing is attitude and what I collected from the trailer was that they weren't Bo and Luke.