'The Dukes of Hazzard' Theatrical Trailer

wLc

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just so happy. Just another step closer. The movie buzz over here faded a little from waiting so long, but now....I have a feeling that all the nay-sayers who wanted to "boycott" this film will eventually see it. Curiosity will overcome them and they will realize how silly their idea sounded. Anyway, I'm still being impatient on the movie release!!

Believe it or not, this link shows the interstate jump car. It was privately owned, sold to WB's and bought back (never for street use---papers shredded). This photo was taken in preparation for the BIG jump through the town square (in the trailer). This was the second sling-car used and worked very well on the interstate...after a couple of mishaps. This was a really nice mishap. The video of that will be released in August also. As per the Public Relations Gestapo.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/Scott225/flipped11.jpg

Note the crumpled up GL in the background? That's the first GL used in the film. The opening sequence of the movie, that GL is frozen in mid air as the balladeer speaks. Of course after it continues on its flight, it lands perfectly/without a scratch/keeps on driving. This photo showed what REALLY happened to it when it landed. Again, a beautiful mishap. (It was a rustbucket anyway)

I also wanted to reply to the problems people have with the Led Zeplin T-Shirt. My cousin and I grew up together on farms out in the middle of nowhere. He was more of a car guy than I was--he restored a 72 step side pick-up and drag raced a bit. We grew up watching and pretending to be the Dukes. He and I were the Dukes in many ways and he loved Zeplin. The T-Shirt is not out of place for a modern day presentation of the Dukes. If they had done this movie exactly like the TV show-which is what I gather some of you want-it would have sucked. Movies are just a different format than tv and it's been 20 years.

You ever try to listen to a song on radio, and alway get the end of the song, that was me and the trailer. I don't like yahoo, so I don't go there. Last night I saw the full trailer, it was real good. I expected real bad things. I was pleased with the camera angles, and the stunts. I think the movie will be better than we all thought.

One thing I forgot, The wardrobe. Ok, bo wears a zeppelin shirt. Is this the end of the world or what. No it isn't. Let's look at the show a minute huh, How many rural farm boys, had their hair that fluffy? Or wore their pants that tight everyday? Not many. So basically this is hazzard, anything can happen and usually does. As for Willie's Jesse having morals, lets not forget, Jesse ran shine, when they had a perfectally good farm to work, and profit from. So that is two bad things, greed, and illeagal making of alcohol. So nobody is perfect.

Honestly, after seeing that trailer I'm more excited to see this movie... But there are still some problems, like why does this movie contain scenes ripped from American Pie or some dumb ass movie, ie the sororiety scenes... Totally gay... And SWS as Bo.... Bo was country charming, not brain dead... That Asian doctor thing too... Totally lame, they would never do that in the original series... My biggest gripe though, ENOS!! Enos doesn't have a moustache!!!! And I'm sorry but Enos was really timid and awkward or whatever around Daisy, he wasn't just completely awe struck and speechless like the guy in that clip... It does look entertaining, but I'm just worried about the little things... Oh and those jump scenes are CLEARLY CGI, its just progressed to the point where most people can't tell... The jumps are similar to the climax one in the remake of Gone in 60 Seconds... You really can't blame them for the CGI, its not like there are thousands of Chargers lying around anymore... Oh and anyone else notice how the OLD crown vics are the ones used in stunts, love the producers!

I agree up until the CGI part the first jump is real. The jump onto the highway is real. Here is an old interview with Jay on CGI

the question

Was doing it with the full on stunts and NOT CGI and all kinds of tricks, was that part of the sell for you to make an old fashioned stunt driven kinda movie?

Answer

That was the plan when we came into it. Try to have as many people do the actual driving as much as possible. Make it feel as real. I mean, in the seventies, they did'nt have these digital effects so they just did them. We did most of them here (on set). There are gonna be the occasional shot that was worth doing (in CGI) but for the most part, they'er in these cars. and we've got (the RDV) we've got the stunt driver on top and we can go really fast. It's a new kind of picture vehicle. im sorry if you would like to read the hole interview here http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=7006

The shots of the car hitting the ramps might be real, and maybe a little flying too, but the landings that were shown in the trailer were clearer done with CGI... Remember in the old show how you never ever saw the General Lee do a complete landing? Doing a movie in 2005 doesn't mean the cars aren't totalled after they land, they still are and a good chunk of all the stunts are atleast done with/touched up with CGI... The highway jump clearly shows this, the take off looks real, but when it lands, totally fake... (I don't mean the front angle of the landing, but rather the rear view when its in the process of landing) Its hard to tell from a pixelated internet trailer, so ask me after I've seen it... Oh and also, WTF is up with the round 0 on the General Lee in that very first shot?

Much rather have CGI for some of the stunts than those lame cutaways to a toy General Lee and a miniature landscape set that anyone could build in their back yard. NBC used the same tactic with Knight Rider...the first few years, real cars were used for the jumps and other stunts, and then they went el-cheapo.

B.E.B.

I have been wondering why is the car orange and have a 01 on it before Cooter has the change to fix it. If i can remember when Bo and Luke got the car it was green or black so why in the movie does it start out like the general lee i guess im is'nt to wonder just to watch :roll:

After watchig the trailer a couple of times I think those of you who are knocking the movie may be forgetting something--the first four or five episodes of DOH (the Covington GA' date=' shows). They were much edgier (like the trailor) than the rest of the episodes. They were much more of what the creators had in mind. Hollywood stepped in once the show was a hit and actually watered it down. And as far as Bo being dumb-seriously have you ever seen an episode of the Dukes? Bo was dumb.

I guess my impression was that they captured the spirit of the show dead on. The one thing I fear is that Jesse will not provide a moral center, which in my mind is key and I would prefer Boss be short and fat but can certainly live with Burt.[/quote']

Just to add to your reference to the characterizations portrayed in first few episodes, Roscoe was much more serious and not the bumbling character we know and love. And Boss Hogg was portrayed as a womanizer. I think it was the episode in which Daisy wanted to become a country singer & recorded a song (by Jessee Colter, I think) -- there was a scene in which Roscoe accidently barged into a room where Boss was sitting with 2 attractive women on his lap.

There's nothing wrong with the changes they made to the show (except for moving the production to California...BIG mistake), but at the same time it is interesting to think how it would have played if the show had remained "edgier" per your description.

And one final thought on the comparison of the intelligence of the old and new characters. Not trying to say everyone was bumbling idiots, but... Remember the episode in which Huey Hogg secretly videotaped the Dukes in incriminating situations (Roscoe opening the trunk of Daisy's car and finding moonshine, the boys breaking Daisy out of jail, etc)? Once they found out the evidence Huey had, in a stroke of genius Luke comes up with the idea to degauss the tapes to erase the images. Yes, he actually uses the word "degauss" and then goes on to explain to everyone else how the process works. That's a mighty big word for a country boy to use. And especially interesting seeing as how, in an earlier scene, both Boss and Roscoe tell Huey that they've never seen a video tape recorder before. Chances are, neither has Luke; so he understands the mechanics of one? Hmmmm. Maybe he read about it in Popular Mechanics while visiting the outhouse one day.

B.E.B.

Boss was always a womanizer, remember the Play Pen and his lil pigglets or whatever... Back to the movie, I think its retarded they have this McGainy guy or whatever, who is like a tower of power as Roscoe... Roscoe was a twig for christs sake!