OSAGE County

Welcome, Rob.

There's not a lot to go on for the location of Osage County. Being one of the later episodes, my guess would be either Lyons Canyon or Pico Canyon, both to the west of the I5 at Santa Clarita. Lyons Canyon was used for the Duke Farm and the Boar's Nest as well as many chase scenes in that era. Looking at the recent aerial views, it's now fairly overgrown and the 1980s roads aren't so easy to see. Pico Canyon was used in a few episodes as well as for shows like Knight Rider. It's wider and more open than Lyons Canyon. The eastern end has been developed and changed since the '80s, but the main canyon looks virtually the same.

• 2 months later...

I don't recall the episode name, but there was an A-team episode where Hannibal gets captured by some bad guys (I think they were mexican drug smugglers) and he gets locked in one of the solitary cells just like bo and Luke (and later boss and rosco) are put into on the osage set. You can definitely tell it's the same film set based on the surrounding buildings. 

After some digging, the episode was Season 2 Episode 4 "Bad Time On The Border" 

This episode features the nova that crashes out of the back of the truck seen in the opening credits. This would have been filmed in the summer of 1983 most likely, a year before Cool Hands Luke and Bo.

One of the filming locations for that A-team episode is listed as

• Indian Dunes Airfield, Valencia, California, USA

• Indian Dunes - 28700 Henry Mayo Drive, Valencia, California, USA

Edited by Blk95ta

14 minutes ago, Blk95ta said:

After some digging, the episode was Season 2 Episode 4 "Bad Time On The Border" 

This episode features the nova that crashes out of the back of the truck seen in the opening credits. This would have been filmed in the summer of 1983 most likely, a year before Cool Hands Luke and Bo.

One of the filming locations for that A-team episode is listed as

• Indian Dunes Airfield, Valencia, California, USA

• Indian Dunes - 28700 Henry Mayo Drive, Valencia, California, USA

In the scene right before Hannibal punches the guy in the face, I believe that building in the background is the barracks where bo and Luke were held in cool hands. I remember boss Hogg lying on a bench right in front of that railing after he ate all the food. Also if you look during the actual punch, I think you can see the solitary cages that both hannibal and the dukes were held in way in the background off to the right. 

Edited by Blk95ta