Movie chase scenes

In case any of you were curious the producer of the Dukes movie hired the stunt coordinator from the Borne Supremecy to do the car chase scenes and for any of you that have scene that movie this is good news! All the scenes in that film were exciting and hair raising. It tells me that they are taking this movie seriously even if it's gonna have a more contemporary feel, which I like. They made 23 General Lee's for the chase scenes alone and had a few others that didn't get destroyed. And good news for all you Mopar fans out there, most of the cars they destroyed were actually wrecks from the t.v. that they rebuilt, so no gratuitous Charger crashing like Fast and the Furious. Also they reportedly wrecked countless Crown Victorias and Caprice Classics along with some other muscle cars that reportedly play a role in the movie as well. So even if you don't like the plot or the script atleast you'll enjoy watching some awesome chase scenes and jumps.

P.S. Spoiler Alert!!!!!!!!!!! Don't read if you don't want to know!!!!!!!

In the movie the boys don't share the General Lee, atleast not at first. Luke has his own car and Bo owns the General, but it's not clear if the General is even the General in the begining of the movie.

Car chase scenes....OH YEAH. Someone else in the room saw the footage months ago at the wrap party with me. Trust me, the Bourne Supremecy was good...BUT, the DOH chase scenes will make your toes curl. If you really, really like cop cars, you might cringe a bit.

One particular scene (I won't say who's car it was but it was white) t-bones an old Caprice cop car. The offending vehicle was structurally a tank with many pounds of extra steel welded in to strengthen it. The Caprice? Ha. Didn't stand a chance. The passenger seat was laying on top of the driver's seat.

The whole movie is like that. I'm there, dude!

• 2 weeks later...

Bubba, they mention the seperate cars idea in the record piracy episode too, (atleast I think it was that one). Waylon Jennings says that "they had another car but the General Lee was their racing car and they only used it when they were in trouble... which was pretty much all the time." Or something along those lines... I recently saw the record piracy ep and it was AWESOME, I forgot how good some of those 1st season eps... All the real Atlanta filming with the Boss Hogg/police chase through downtown Atlanta... Very hot, and I think its the only ep when the top on Boss's convertible is up...

Bubba, they mention the seperate cars idea in the record piracy episode too, (atleast I think it was that one). Waylon Jennings says that "they had another car but the General Lee was their racing car and they only used it when they were in trouble... which was pretty much all the time." Or something along those lines...

That "other car" was Daisy's Roadrunner.

Thanks for the Spoiler travelerF150. That kinda makes the beginning of the movie preview make more sence. If ya look at the first couple frames of the preview with the general the car does not look right. The spoiler would explane that. I bet in the movie its a junk race car and they buy it and then make it look normal (ala Happy Birthday General Lee). Except in the movie its a faded orange and has a crappy 01 allready on the side.

Hey, "Dale the Bold" is right. Originally, the yellow Road Runner was Luke's car. Remember in the episode "Daisy's Song" when Daisy asks the boys about Starr and his crew regognizing them driving General Lee? Luke immediately tells her that they would be driving the Road Runner referring to it as "this car". It started being referred to as Daisy's car a few episodes after the show relocated to California.

GADuke01

Thanks for the Spoiler travelerF150. That kinda makes the beginning of the movie preview make more sence. If ya look at the first couple frames of the preview with the general the car does not look right. The spoiler would explane that. I bet in the movie its a junk race car and they buy it and then make it look normal (ala Happy Birthday General Lee). Except in the movie its a faded orange and has a crappy 01 allready on the side.

I started a thread about that a couple of months ago when I saw a picture of the faded "General Lee" with the "01" done in a different font. Scott told the story of that car in that thread:

http://www.hazzardnet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1352&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

From what I've read in interviews, they even invented a new type of camera for the car chases and the scenes where Bo and Luke are just driving around normally in the car. The old style would have had them using a camera attached to the back of a truck with the car being towed behind, but apparently the new camera makes it easier to get inside the car and do "point of view" shots and such. I can't remember much about it, but it was mentioned in an interview with the director over at joblo.com